First Team
    Ben
    Jumbo

Second Team
    Brad
    Gordo

Reserve: Mr Dennis

Default Woodpecker - 27th November

At this stage I'll be heading up Saturday morning, leaving home around 9 or 9.30

bump this!

This weekend dont miss out peoples!

(in my best america man voice)

me and Dan will be there tomorrow too

orrr

I'll be there on 0411 688 057 if anyone wants to meet up. I'll probably have the handheld on UHF 15 as well.

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

How did we go??
    Suspense is killing me

I didnt make it there but I know we were not top 3 (club, team or individual)

Ben broke his front driveshaft in stage one but Jumbo got through it. Jumbo started the seond stage but didn't get that far. Teh it rained somemore, got muddier, and I went home Brad and Wiz hung around longer so will probably have some more details.

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

Hate rain, tired, broken, wet, muddy, hate rain..

The rain sucked hard.. bucketed down Saturday night, and pretty much all Sunday.

I was happy with the performance of my rig until the front shaft snapped.

The shorter front shaft made a huge difference. There was no more binding up of the front end due to the shaft bottoming out, and I was getting HEAPS more flex at the front (probably close to the amount I get out of the back with the coil overs). This raised a minor problem in that one of my front springs fell clean out as I was coming down the first big decent. The guys popped it back in while I was still on the decent and it was fine.

Not sure why the front shaft let go yet. There are a couple of theories. Perhaps it hit the new skid plate due to all the extra wheel travel in the front end, or perhaps it hit a submerged log, as I saw some teams in front of us throw Y shaped sections of log into the last long wombat hole (where the shaft snapped). The tube material wasn't the thickest stuff around either. Will take what remains out, try and work out what went wrong and make adjustments to suit.

Jumbo did well to get past me and finish Stage one, then get around to the bottom of Stage 2 before timing out. Sorry for the hold up ops: ops:

Gordo went out aobut 2/3 through stage 1 for hitting the post that says "If you hit this your hold lady should be driving" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dennis had an awesome drive and scored 290, winching at CV rock and Jackhammer. The whole team that spotted him and did the packing of the track up ahead did a great job.

Unlucky weekend for the club, and the wet weather really didn't help.

Didn't really get any pics due to the rain, but I'll see what Kim did manage to get and post it up.