Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking to buy a Jeep Wrangler, but don't know which to get, Please help!!

Oh another question,, anyone bought a JK from another state with a few modifications ??

I have a 2012 petrol 3.6lt JK and I just did a trip, Sydney to Rockhampton and back. I was loaded up with roof rack with roof top tent, rear draws full of food and camping gear, 60l fridge full, 20l water jerry. I was pretty loaded up, I traveled at 95km on the freeway and averaged around 13.5 to 14 lt per 100k.

When I don't have the rack on the car and cruising at 100km I get 11.2l per 100k.

Hope this helps. Also the service cost is cheaper on the petrol.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul-JK View Post
    I've got the 2010 auto CRD 4dr as well and love it. Personally wouldn't have anything else, but that's me. I do about the same km a year as you in and drive it everyday. I love the diesel/auto combo but it might not be for everyone. You do get a little bit of throttle lag (from a combination of fly-by-wire throttle, the auto box, and turbo lag) which is most noticeable in stop start traffic but I've just gotten used to it. I'm guessing that would be less with the petrol.
    The new 3.6l petrol motor is a lot better than the previous 3.8l both in power and fuel economy. It's probably still use a bit more fuel that the diesel, but I suspect that will only really be noticeable when driven hard/loaded up/towing. If you spend the vast majority of your time with the JK empty around town (sad fact but most of us do!) then the petrol will probably be OK for you.
    My advice is test drive both. If you were doing loads of outback camping trips loaded up heavily, or towing a lot (for work or pleasure) then the diesel is the natural choice. If you're not then get which one feels best for you. Both are good motors.
    Sprintbooster will sort out the throttle lag.

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by RTan View Post
    Looking forward to do trail run, camping and road trip (road trip gonna be within NSW not interstate yet) and also use as my everyday car to n from work.
    Sounds like a sport will do the job may be if your not towing you don't need diesel
    I got the rubie and have not looked back

Thanks for all ur info guys... I've decide to buy a rubi, gonna go and pick it up from melb tomorrow...can't wait...... :-)

Visitor

Congrat's. I'm sure you'll love it. And a drive back from Melbourne is certainly one way of getting to know a new car!

Don't be shy with the photos once you get back. Always good to see someone's new steed......so we've got the "before" pictures to see how much you mod it once you pick it up.

Visitor

Good choice