Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hot oil

Visitor

18psi is good place to start but in really soft sand I'm guessing you could go lower if needed.

With the ESP, if you just push the button it reduces the intrusiveness of the ESP. This is what is sounds like you did if the light was still flashing. You need to hold for 7 seconds to switch it off completely. That's in 2Hi or 4Hi. ESP is switched off automatically when you use 4Lo.

I'd give it a go leaving the transmission in 2 if you're in 4Hi and that should help. Probably leave it in D if you're in 4Lo as 2nd won't give you much speed at all and I think the torque converter locks up a lot quicker (if not all the time) in 4Lo anyway.

Hi Rich, you need to put an Auto Transmission Cooler on the JKU, I put one on mine at the last toolbox day, cost around $150.00, and a relatively easy job, but a necessary piece of kit on the pre 12 JK's, 16 psi in 245s have found, is the optimum pressure in soft sand ,Hope this helps Doggy Dave...

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by dobbo56 View Post
    Hi Rich, you need to put an Auto Transmission Cooler on the JKU, I put one on mine at the last toolbox day, cost around $150.00, and a relatively easy job, but a necessary piece of kit on the pre 12 JK's, 16 psi in 245s have found, is the optimum pressure in soft sand ,Hope this helps Doggy Dave...
    +1 From memory I was down to about 15 psi when on stock tyres @ Stockton

Secretary

Great, thanks for the info Dave and Dan.

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by richhenning View Post
    Great, thanks for the info Dave and Dan.
    Have you got your lift & sway bar disconnects in yet? Where's the pics?

Secretary

Ha ha , Not yet Dan, waiting to book into ATV soon!

Visitor

Hi Rich,

Basic lift kit is easy enough to fit on garage floor if you want to, or at a Wooder's toolbox day. I've had mine in/out by myself too many times to count, though it's easier with 2 pairs of hands. Fitted a kit to a friends JK on his driveway as well. It's not that difficult and with a little liquid persuasion I'm sure a few more hands could be found to speed up the process. By all means pay ATV to do it if you wish but that's a few hundred $ you could put into the next investment.

What lift kit are you getting?

Secretary

Thanks Paul, ATV are doing the whole lot for me:
    - lift - http://www.doubleblackoffroad.com/je...-Budget-Boost-
    - MTZ tyres
    - disconnects
    - probably auto cooler as well
    great guys and I don't mind the small labour charge to have it all done and dusted. Should be ready in the next few weeks.
    Thanks for the offer though.

Visitor

Looking good so far mate! In all honesty, I do wish that I saved up and got springs & shocks as opposed to the AEV spacer kit (all things said and done, this is my first 4x4, so this lift business is all quite new to me and tyre noise - WOW - I don't mind the noise from the muddies going @ 110k/hr, but just make sure that you have a good playlist going through the stereo ) In rambling that, grow with your JK, I'm certain that mine will go further than I will allow it - the disconnects and better tyres will see you through quite a lot more than you expect

Quote Originally Posted by richhenning View Post
    Thanks Paul, ATV are doing the whole lot for me:
    - lift - http://www.doubleblackoffroad.com/je...-Budget-Boost-
    - MTZ tyres
    - disconnects
    - probably auto cooler as well
    great guys and I don't mind the small labour charge to have it all done and dusted. Should be ready in the next few weeks.
    Thanks for the offer though.

Visitor

No problem. Looking forward to seeing it all fitted up and giving it a test!

Auto cooler is a good idea, and it's easy in the petrol JK's. Simple cooler in front of the radiator. I want to get one fitted to mine but with the diesel I've already got the intercooler there so the extra auto cooler won't fit (or won't be too effective amongst the other coolers). Something else on the long, long list of things to sort out one day.