Thread: My first trip to a wrecker - a real eye opener!

Default My first trip to a wrecker - a real eye opener!

Made my first ever trip to a wrecker yesterday - All Model 4WD Spares, 14 Marigold Street Revesby, 9772 4444.

I bought a spare alloy for the KJ for $50! He had JK rims in the shop, and had 4 on the wrecked JK in the parking lot too (and two KJ's and three TJ's...)

He also said that he had lots of parts for all models of Jeeps - was a really impressive set up!

Sooo, if you need second hand parts, try this place.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave; 19-01-14 at 08:02 PM.

I've used these guys too. They're pretty good for all makes and models. I get a lot of hard to get parts for my father in law's 60 series Landcruiser from here. Their prices are a little hit and miss at times, somethings are really cheap, whilst others are way overpriced. Overall though, they're pretty good

Visitor

i went there today... to fix my air con/ fan problem got the part i needed the blend door acuator cost me $66 installed it myself... thank god was a cheap fix now i can control the temp in the car

That's great Pete, only just saw your post asking about wreckers and was about to reply... But sounds like you're sorted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visitor

yeh dave i actually seen your post about this place... just wish it was closer to me lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Made my first ever trip to a wrecker yesterday - All Model 4WD Spares, 14 Marigold Street Revesby, 9772 4444.

I bought a spare alloy for the KJ for $50! He had JK rims in the shop, and had 4 on the wrecked JK in the parking lot too (and two KJ's and three TJ's...)

He also said that he had lots of parts for all models of Jeeps - was a really impressive set up!
    Sooo, if you need second hand parts, try this place.

Dave
    They must have improved things somewhat compared to the last time I wasted my time going there...................... That was 5 years at least........... They seemed not to be interested in dealing with jeeps at all then............
    JC Member# 094

Visitor

when i went stevet the other day they had to jk (2 doors) and the i ask for my part for my 05 tj he said tjeir just dismantled one

Visitor

I went there on last Thursday and came good.. sort of. I initially rang them about 5 times in the space of 2 hours only to go straight to the answering service. So, I had time to burn and went there anyway. The funny or rude thing about it was that the bloke answered the phone twice whilst attending to me and served them first!. Great customer service..NOT. But then it's typical, so what am I complaining about.

However, he had a fuel rail there for a Duner's modification but the price was over the top. I paid the price anyway because I'm a sucker. I would've picked one up from an AJOR member for much cheaper alas he did not reply in time, so the story goes.

For example:

WJ nudge bar $330 vs $100 on eBay/Gumtree.
    Cargo Barrier $170 vs $40-$80 on eBay/ Gumtree.

I fared heaps better at Pick n Payless in Blacktown. The prices was way cheaper but bring tools, as you would have to dismantle parts yourself.

Sorry to say that the boys at Milperra would be at the bottom of the list for me. Last resort type thing.

Visitor

I've been there a few tea and always found the guy rude
    And prices have been strange
    What I assumed would have been cheap was very dear
    And what I thought would be
    Dear was cheap
    But always very rude