Thread: Check Engine Light and ESC light

Default Check Engine Light and ESC light

Hi

The Rubicon has a problem - the check engine light and ESC light comes on at a bump and engine goes into limp mode. At first it was only in high range but then it occured in low range, then once in 2wd towing - it needs to have the engine turned off to reset limp mode.
    It has had the the computer reset and some upgrades applied at a dealer whilst we where away and they said it was OK to drive it with those codes until we got home

After the reset it started occuring at every little bump in 4wd (high and low) and then in 2wd a few times - once trailer was connected it was constantly going off even in 2wd.

Going to the dealer we bought it from on Thursday but any ideas?

I think a sensor might be gone on one of the front wheels - the hot weather seems to make it worse as since we have been home have only had it happened twice on Saturday afternoon and now check engine light has gone off.

Weird! When they plugged their scan tool into the computer it should have said exactly what the cause of the problem was. My last episode of check engine light and limp home was the transmission temperature sensor failing - but the scan tool (at my auto electrician NOT Jeep) clearly stated what had failed. I have had front wheel sensors go before - but they gave an ABS warning and the scan tool agreed...

Consider an independent diagnosis.

Sorry that this must have put a real downer in your holiday.

Dave

These where the codes the dealer said it had whilst we where away - will be insteresting tommorrow if they are the same codes

P0344 - camshaft position sensor intermittent bank 1 sensor 1
    C121C - torque signal request denied
    B1420 - Auto antenna not connected
    P2638 - Torque mananagement feedbank signal performance
    U001-00 Can C Bus

well looks like it is a faulty wiring harness - they have ordered a new one and taped up the old one. It coded a once on Friday afternoon on the way to Coffs and then nothing was good to use cruise control again

Great news!