Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: annoying self locking doors

Default annoying self locking doors

In the last 3 weeks my '07 JK 2door Rubicon has developed a habit of locking the doors once the vehicle reaches 25kph.

On consultation with the owners handbook I find this is a safety feature, also there are instructions how to disable this feature. I have followed these directions with no success.

I have 2 questions. 1) What would cause this feature to suddenly become active after 5years.
    2) How do I de-activate the feature, short of disconnecting the electric locks.

Visitor

Sorry I can't help you with this Bear, but - I should really read the instruction booklet as this is a feature that I want to turn on haha Was trying to turn it on with the turn key to acc 3-4 times and press the lock button, but no worky

What intrigues me is the fact that it has sat dormant for 5 years. I tried the technique out lined in the book, I can't disable this feature.

Have you recently got it serviced from the company... May be some techie reflashed the computer.... Other than that it is a good safety feature, Why would you want to disable it....

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by TRBN8R View Post
    Have you recently got it serviced from the company... May be some techie reflashed the computer.... Other than that it is a good safety feature, Why would you want to disable it....
    I honestly dont know why, but, when driving around Penrith, I always have my doors locked from the inside...

Quote Originally Posted by DanD View Post
    I honestly dont know why, but, when driving around Penrith, I always have my doors locked from the inside...
    Is that to stop people getting out Dan

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by dobbo56 View Post
    Is that to stop people getting out Dan
    Hehe not at all as when a door is opened the whole Jeep unlocks - mainly due to my paranoia I guess. :P

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Visitor

Just as an update for everyone that doesn't give a rats - was driving through Alexandria today without locking my doors (had to make a pit stop at a servo after the drive from Lapstone) and the doors locked themselves when I hit about 30-40km/hr - prior to this, I turned the key from off to ACC 4 times and then hit the lock button on the door - so apparently it works when turning it on... Reg, how have you gone with your errant doors?

(before anyone asks or makes comment - was in Alexandria to get some bits & pieces for my e-cigarettes - been off the stinkies for 6 days now - my JK smells like shite and will get some Febreeze into it when I get paid next to get rid of the smoky smell in it...)

Secretary

Keep it up Dan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by richhenning View Post
    Keep it up Dan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Will do boss, been 6 days now and have an e-cig that looks like a freakin light sabre lol