Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jenolan Caves to Wombeyan Caves - Mid Week School Hols Trip

Visitor

Default Jenolan Caves to Wombeyan Caves - Mid Week School Hols Trip

As there was some interest from members at the meeting tonight, I am proposing to run this trip from Monday 14/4 to Wednesday 16/4, in the first week of the School Holidays, so that those going to Camp Coffs can have a one day break before travelling up the coast.

Date: 14th to 16th April
    Grading: D to C+ or moderate. If you would like to obtain maps google NP&WL web site where you could possibly download maps.
    Requirements: Recovery points Front and Rear, recovery gear, radio, spare parts as recommended by tag along operators, camera, food and drinks of choice, partner, boy/girl friends, etc.

Proposed itinerary
    Monday 14th - Meet at Blaxland between 8:30 & 9:00 am in the servo to the left side, travelling up the GWH. Those wanting to have a coffee and/or pie there is a good cake shop in the village shopping centre in the back street parallel with the GWH.

We will top up our fuel supply at Mt Victoria before proceeding to Jenolan Caves for a lunch break. Afterward we'll travel onward to the junction where Kanangra Walls Road/Trail begins. We will travel down it until we reach the fork in the trail and take the left track pass the Boyd River camp ground toward Kanangra Wall to check out its wonderful scenery. Then we will back track to the junction in the trail and travel along Morong Creek Trail to Kowmung River Fire Trail, and onto Dingo Dell camping area for our first night rest. If you keen on fishing you could try a little trout fishing, but you will need a licence.

Tuesday15th - we proceed toward Mt Werong and take the trail to Yerranderie and Government Town to look at these old gold settlements. Yerranderie is a private town and there will be a cost to enter, will advise of costs soon. After we inspect these historic towns we will return to the junction at Mt Werong and turn left onto Range Fire Trail and travel to Wombeyan Caves for our second night camping. Depending on where we camp, fees applies to Yerranderie and Wombeyan Caves at $12.00 per person/night as they provide shower facilities. All other camping areas are free.

Wednesday16th - We may inspect one of the caves before heading back to the Hume H/way via Mittagong or Goulburn, depending on everyone decision before heading home.

Please post below if you are interested in coming.

Regards RobS

Interested List:
    RobS
    DaveG & MarcL passenger

Maybe:
    Hunno
    Last edited by Dave; 25-03-14 at 07:21 PM.

I'm definitely interested! Possibly with passengers!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dave; 08-03-14 at 07:00 PM.

Maybe interested too
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!

Marc Lambert is also interested, he emailed me

"I’m interested becoming a member, but realized membership last one year as per aud$75 and starts from next July ..
    By the way may I already join as a guest the Jenola cave excursion in April?"

He has discussed coming as a passenger with me.

Thanks,
    Dave
    Last edited by Dave; 25-03-14 at 07:22 PM.

Visitor

A stock vehicle can easily do this trip (with a clever hand behind the wheel). However in saying that, a little clearance and some at tyres would make it more comfortable

Visitor

I would really like to do this trip, but have maxed out my holiday leave for 2014 already.. We have driven the Wom caves road a few times, and camped there in August last year, the camp site at the caves is good, with hot showers and only around $25 a night.. Maybe we could do a weekend trip later, it would be easier once we have an idea of the route, road conditions etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visitor

Would love to do this as well, just not now (currently have noisy baby, decorating the house, and my mother arrives from the UK in 3 weeks). It's a trip I've never done but always wanted to. If it's run again later in the year then I'll have to see if I can get a weekend pass.

Hi Rob,

I hope everything is going well! I got your email yesterday about having trouble posting on this website. I saw your new Caves to Caves post which only had the dates in it again, so isn't as useful as this thread and I deleted it. I think we should keep using this one as it has dates and interested people. I will edit the first post with the list so far, please let me know if you need any changes.

I know you couldn't make it to Grease Monkey, neither could I. I hope you will still be able to make this trip. Had a bit of a play with my GPS today and loaded the waypoints from the Boiling Billy book version of this trip, and am really looking forward to it. Please let me know if there is any organising I can help with!

Hope to see you at the April Meeting!

Dave
    Last edited by Dave; 25-03-14 at 07:22 PM.

Visitor

Thanks Dave, I'm still having problems with attempting to adjusting the thread to includes requirements and trip itinerary. How did you managed to scroll down the page when putting in the names, this the part that stopping me. When I press the enter button it does not drop to the next line. If Steve F could advise what I need to do or whether the virus is still active in our web site. Dave, if I write up the itinerary, eta and send it by email, could you please transfer it to the club web thread? Cheers Rob

Quote Originally Posted by uncaged123 View Post
    Thanks Dave, I'm still having problems with attempting to adjusting the thread to includes requirements and trip itinerary. How did you managed to scroll down the page when putting in the names, this the part that stopping me. When I press the enter button it does not drop to the next line. If Steve F could advise what I need to do or whether the virus is still active in our web site. Dave, if I write up the itinerary, eta and send it by email, could you please transfer it to the club web thread? Cheers Rob
    Hi Rob,

I used to have that problem when using Internet Explorer as my internet browser. I switched to Google Chrome and that fixed it. I can edit posts and use the Enter key!

Please do email me your itinerary and I will add it to the first post. I will be interested to see if you are doing the same route as suggested in the Boiling Billy trips book that I had a look through yesterday.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon,

Dave