Thread: Must see radiator blocked

Default Must see radiator blocked

Had the mechanic out today to pull radiator out for a recondition and clean what he found inside exact words were haven't seen anything like it in 20 years some form of a gel substance totally blocking the inside cores trying to upload a picture but having trouble

Visitor

Sounds like it's never had a flush before, or it's contaminated with something? Maybe a coolant stop leak or sealant?? If it's in the engine radiator it'll be in the whole system, and the heater/radiator core too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anti freeze in a radiator can turn to a gel overtime in fact different types can react with each other as well. Seen it before. The whole cooling system will need a good flush.

Cheers
    Steve

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Public Officer - Member #076

I think you might be right it was a solid gel the mechanic pulled the radiator apart to clean it half full of hell from bottom up but the car seems to idle a little ruff now it pulses on idle not sure what's going on now

I know of another one with that exact problem and flushng won't clear it, the core needs to be 'rodded' out by hand. Chances are the heater core is clogged up as well.