Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Stockton Beach trip Sunday 30th March 2014

Visitor

Nice - the 15psi in the stockies did me well when up there with the guys & gals on Jeeps on the beach day last year

Also - I can't remember if it was you or not, but (I *did* speak to someone at Grease Monkey re coffee makers) the one used in the ARB skydome youtube clip is a Bialetti http://www.jetblackespresso.com.au/s...coffee-makers/

*edit* yeah, I was a little bit drunk when the camp fire / stove top coffee maker convo happened - hence why i'm not sure on who I spoke to about this!

Gent's a pleasure to be on the beach with you all today. Thanks for letting the Patriot give it go and also thanks for helping me dig her out.

Here are a couple of my photo's.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/9tt0lni9afiano7/wyJUx3dS0i

Some great pics... Please don't forget the trip report...please email it to me .
    DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks

Club Member

Thanks everyone and great job by the trip leader for leading from the front in multiple sticky situations. As a first timer, i had an awesome experience and heaps of fun. Learned a lot about gear selection, car's capability and my driving abilities. This trip’s given me a good baseline to build upon. Overall a gainful first lesson in 4wd. Thanks for letting me tag along.

Visitor

Default Stockton Beach trip Sunday 30th March 2014

Nice one guys sounds like everyone had a good time, would have liked to have come along too, but I had already committed to something else on Sunday. Great shots rich. Next time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Association Delegate

Trip Report

On Sunday 30th March 2014 5 cars met at Waitara McDonalds to start the drive to Stockton Beach. Another car joined the convoy early on the M1 and one more met us at the air down point at Stockton Beach. In the car park, just past the newly built gates, we aired down. We hit the sand at approximately 10:45.

As a group we made our way to Tin City and stopped for a little photo shoot. Vstanman kindly allowed all that wanted to look through his helicopters (quad copter) goggles at our cars parked below. It was at this point we all remarked at how well our cars had performed.

On the way to the way to the Sygna wreck our days recoveries began. At one point we had three cars bogged at once. Longy13's Patriots' 4wd system decided to overheat and for a period of time it's clutch had a little smoke... With the Patriot recovered the group headed onto the Sygna. nuclear_jk helped Longy13 drop his car off at the car park and then rejoined the group at the wreck for lunch.

After lunch we hit the dunes. All had fun trying to get up the dunes. By 2:30 we decided to have a final 'tour' of the dunes before heading back home. On our tour all of us had some difficulty getting up some steep soft hills. At approximately 4pm we quit the beach and aired up.

The day was successful as, from what I can tell, we all learnt more about our Jeeps and importantly had fun. I was truly impressed by the camaraderie of the day, everyone pitched in and helped one another when needed. Thanks to everyone who came, you made my day.

Cheers,

Thomas (nuclear_jk)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Here is the video guys. Watch in HD

Excellent Video. The aerial views certainly change the style of making videos. Thanks for sharing.

Association Delegate

That's fantastic! Amazing shots from the air.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Sweet video mate. Well done and thanks for shotting!