Thread: Greg's 2014 Grand Cherokee

4WD Association Delegate

Hunty, if you have seen my GC Greg's will look the same

Finally an update on the delivery date for my GC on order:

GRD54 (GC Laredo - White - Australia)
    Date ordered: 05/27/2014
    Current Status: KZ
    D1 status date: 09/20/2014
    Estimated delivery: 11/27/2014 (to Kembla port)
    Built - Pending Inspection: (I) 10/11/2014 01:58 PM CDT Detroit Jefferson Assembly, MI
    Plant Release (KZ) 10/11/2014 08:15 PM EDT Detroit Jefferson Assembly, MI

Barry, it seems you are correct about the Quadra Lift being a co-requisite from the off road package. The dealer advised me of this, but because he didn't notice at the time of the order, he gave me a discount greater than 50%.

With a delivery to Port Kembla in late November, I am hoping to have delivery in mid-December.

Greg
    Last edited by Greg D; 13-10-14 at 09:06 PM.

First upgrade! A curling broom to clear the tracks in front of you!! LOL

Progress.

After Sitting on the wharf in Baltimore since October 22, the vehicle was loaded on a ship today, and departed at 3.10 pm.

Due to arrive in Port Kembla on December 23, so may now be looking at early January for delivery.

I can now use my 'Marine Traffic' app to track the ship ('Endurance') every day on its way to Australia! This has got to be better than checking each day for a month only to see it sitting on the wharf in Baltimore!

And as a bonus, my TJ camshaft was dleivered yesterday, so hoping to have my TJ back on the road (or even better, off-road) soon.

Greg

I'll take A few pics of the ship when she berths. Might even see your new baby
    DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks

Thanks Jose. I may even come down that day to see it myself. It has one more stop in the USA, then Panama, and on to Brisbane before getting to Port Kembla, so I will track it every day.

Cool. call me and I will show you around my work.
    DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks

After a long delay, I now have good reason to do an update.

My Jeep arrived in Australia on December 23, but between Christmas, New Year and my own trip to Byron Bay, I only took delivery on January 20.

Before any modifications (with my TJ, and my boat):

The front bar at Murchisons, before being painted.

And the front bar fitted, together with a Runva 11XP winch. The round holes accomodate parking sensors, which I don't have, so will be fitted with white plugs soon.

This photo also shows my light bar - a no-name purchase from eBay, with 12 spot and 12 flood 10w lights, supposedly giving 24,000 lumens. It needs a slight adjustment up, but it is certainly bright.
    Last edited by Greg D; 07-03-15 at 11:14 PM.

The tow bar has been fitted, and now the Auxiliary fuel tank is going in. It holds 75 lts, and I put 50 in as a test, but the pump isn't working to move it into the main tank.

Another shot with my boat, but with the bar fitted (plus UHF aerial).

About all you can see of the winch. I opted for the thimble, rather than have a hook down to the recovery point.

The bar comes with the black bash plate under it, and I have a Uneek bash plate on order (the OEM cover is pretty flimsy).

The next photo shows both the Murchison Products decal, and the side steps / sliders, colour coded.

Another of the sliders, with white bars and black tread, plus a "Grand Cherokee" protective plate.

Another shot of the long range tank. Unfortunately with the addition of the tank and the tow bar, I lost my rear recovery point, so need to use the tow hitch.