Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Lake Lyle (Lithgow): Sunday 06/07/2014

Visitor

Great day Mani, Thanks again.

Eddy

Visitor

Thanks Mani was a great day. Looking forward to the next one.

Allabaster

Mani, we had an absolutely brilliant time, cannot thank you enough for getting us over that hangup.

If we weren't thinking about a lift before we most certainly are now.

Great to hit the trails again, nice to meet the new members and catch up with the old ones too, thanks go to Mani for organizing the trip, I had a good ay out, and good luck and safe journey to the cape. Doggy..

Default Trip Report : Lake Lyle

Hi guys,

I arrived at out first meeting point Richmond McDonals at sharp 0730 and for the first time I was the first one to reach the meeting point. 4 other members Joined up and after a goos breakfast we left for Lithgow at 0815. We reached Lithgow at about 0930 and met up with the rest of the team at the Shell servo. and for the first time no one from the final list dropped out. We had a final convoy of 14 Jeeps.

We finally left the bitumen at about 1030 and aired down and disconnected. The convoy had a variety of models and modification levels varying from DK in a monster TJ to Allabaster in a stock JKU with swaybar disconnects. We started our trip with a play at The Quarry. The AULRO guys were doing their driver training and were kind enough let us through. We played around at the Quarry for a while and then went around the hill to climb it from the rear. The rut at the back was interested and provided some good entertainment. We drove along the Cox's river and got to the little hill beforeThe Powerlines Climb. It was again an easy C grade climb. Afterwards we all did the Powerlines climb with people taking different approaches dependng on the modifications and experience. From here onwards all the track has been graded to Rav4 standard providing little excitement. We drove down to the Cox's River and everyone enjoyed driving through the river. We stopped for lunch at about 1230. After lunch we attempted the little but challenging climb next to our lunch spot. A couple of cars made the climb and I failed in my both attempts.... Leaning the Jeep over at a dangerous angle and scaring the hell out of my passenger. (I still blame the failure on my long wheelbase ) We went onto Mount Walker and both the approaches to Mt Walker were open contrary to information on AJOR regarding the easy approach being gated off. 5 Jeeps climbed Mt walker and we headed off to the pine forest after Mt Walker. All the road after The Powerlines Climb has been graded to Rav4 standard. The grader left behind some 2 dozen or more strange humps which caused my shocks to bottom out a few times. We crossed the pine fores and aired up on the side of the Great Western Hwy. We went our own way home from there about 1530. I was at Richmond Meccas by 1700.

I didnt have a camera so couldnt take any pics. I am sure the guys with GoPros and cameras will fill in with pictures.

Thanks guys for all the nice comments and good to hear that everyone enjoyed themselves.

And to Allabaster yes a couple of inches of lift is a mod worth the money and make a great deal of difference especially on a JKU by lifting the belly away from those rocks.

Happy Jeeping and see you guys again soon.

Mani

Visitor

It was a great day, thank you Mani for organising it and guidance and everyone who attended for the good company

Visitor

Thanks Mani, great day, a good turn out & we didn't get rained off the final climb which makes a change

Thanks Mani, great report. Sounds like it was another quality trip well done!!!

A few photos.

#366. TJ Wrangler Golden Eagle

Visitor

Thanks Mani for organising the trip.
    There were still some interesting challenges despite the fact that the grader has been busy........really busy! It was a great day out.
    Here are some photos.