Thread: Battery died

Default Battery died

Had to call NRMA this morning Jeep won't start , battery dead.

Had o order a replacement as it was well and truly dead.The battery was last replaced 02/12/2011.

New battery has arrived, $212 supply and fit, comes with a 2 year warranty
    Last edited by Bear; 28-06-14 at 12:31 PM.

I'm not just saying this because you are keeping me in a job but the beauty of the NRMA battery is it's covered by nationwide warranty. Good news if you're travelling long distances all the time, because it means you don't have to get it back to where you brought it from to claim warranty on it. Most new batteries should be good for on average 3 to 4 years, but I've seen heaps of batteries not last their warranty period, and I've seen heaps of batteries also last up to 9 years. It's a bit of a luck of the draw thing, and that applies to all brands of batteries. Do yourself a favour and get a battery charger that charges calcium batteries, and give it a charge every 6 months. This will ensure the plates in the battery stay nice and clean and should hopefully give you a few more years of service.

Elio
    #366. TJ Wrangler Golden Eagle

Found an interesting fact from the NRMA yesterday as we have a 16year old grand daughter just bought a car.. Register your 16year old with NRMA and they get road service free for the first year, and then small charge every year until age 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie View Post
    Found an interesting fact from the NRMA yesterday as we have a 16year old grand daughter just bought a car.. Register your 16year old with NRMA and they get road service free for the first year, and then small charge every year until age 20.
    Maggie, you might also be interested to know if you don't already, that on the free to go membership you just described, that the membership would apply to your grand daughter and not the car she drove, for example, whether she's in your car, her mums car or a friends car, if that car breaks down, she will be assisted. This is because the NRMA knows as young drivers, they don't always own their own car, and it gives you piece of mind knowing they are covered regardless of who's car they are in. There are conditions though, and that is they have to be present with the vehicle when a patrol turns up, and they need to have their id sighted. This is to stop people from rorting it, and believe me, it does happen. One last thing, you don't need to join up at 16, you can join up at anytime between the ages of 16 to 20.
    #366. TJ Wrangler Golden Eagle

Thanks for that Elio,I will pass that info on to her parents.