Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Steves JK

More stuff ordered.

I have a Mchitch on the way, I got the box trailer mount type as I will need to make a bolt on adapter for the trailer and want to keep it as short as possible, the box trailer bolt on type is rated to 2t and has a shorter mounting plate compared to the larger (unnecessary for a 750kg trailer) 3.5t type. It mounts with 3 studs, two at the front and 1 at the back.

Saturday I'll pick up some 200mmx200mmx16mm angle and make something like this (only thicker)

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

Put my adjustable panhards in, the wheels are now sitting in the same spots in the guards and the Jeep is so much quieter on the road as nothing rubs or binds anymore, feels like a new one, which surprised my a bit.

Just an easy hour to do both ends.

Also replaced the bolts in the front with the correct sized ones and nyloc nuts and not a moment too soon as I could already see a little wear on the mounting holes where the thread of the stock (slightly too small ones) had cut it away.

Cheers
    Steve

Realigned the steering and fitted the Stebel Nautilus airhorn that I originally bought for the motorbike, pretty easy fit in the stock location.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do3tOUt7PtY

Cheers
    Steve

Nice looking adjustable panhards Steve
    Curious which brand you went with as I've been tossing up whether to go Teraflex or JKS myself.
    What were your thoughts on panhards with heim joints vs stock or similar to stock bushings?

These are the Roadsafe ones, got them for $200 for the pair second hand but you can get them new for around $220 each on ebay etc. The later ones (which these are) use a factory sized rubber bush which was important to me as it means the bush will be easy to get. I think with the size tyres I'm running etc this is a big enough boost in strength without going overboard in price.

With the way they mount I would stick with the rubber bush, it doesn't limit flex since the bolt goes front to back and it is very quiet and feels solid on the road, feels much better than my stocker did but that could just be because the bolts are the right size now and the bushes are new or possible the increased rigidity of the panhard itself (or all 3 combined)

I like the Teraflex one because it can be adjusted on the Jeep but couldn't justify the cost really and this took me about 1/2hr each end with a mate to remove the old, adjust and fit the new and I won;t need to adjust again unless I lift further.

Cheers
    Steve

Yeah in running the Roadsafe parnard on Rampage and seems pretty sturdy.. Bushes are easy to get.
    DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks

I have just bought this cooler and guard, actually bought the cooler first and then recently bought the guard, plan to install in the next few weeks.

Flex-a-lite 4118 and guard, I really only got the guard as it makes it easier to mount and I don't like those mounts that go through the fins. I'll mount it off of the holes used to mount the guard to cooler.

Cheers
    Steve

Grabbed a new dashcam, a DDPAI M6+, really liking it so far, takes some awesome footage but also has a really good app (Android and IOS). The app lets you get a real time view from the camera (meaning the camera has no screen so it compact), it also lets you edit the video and download straight to the phone/tablet from the camera after editing etc. Also has a separate remote button that you mount in easy reach to force it to take 10 seconds of video and a still which are then automatically downloaded to the paired device.

Anyway, thought I'd post up since it is such a great little camera just need to hook it up to my second battery so I can turn on the parking mode etc. Here's a short video from it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8wS45_olQU

And a review.

http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2016/6/...-ive-used.html

Cheers
    Steve

That looks awesome. Dash cams have come a long way in the 3 years since we last looked for one.

Really impressed with the mounting system. I'd love to get your thoughts on it after some extended use.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohawk View Post
    That looks awesome. Dash cams have come a long way in the 3 years since we last looked for one.

Really impressed with the mounting system. I'd love to get your thoughts on it after some extended use.
    Really liking it so far, used the button to grab some night videos. This one had no lighting other than headlights and then my lightbar and spotties.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPo9CAUP3Fk

And this one coming into Chatswood last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DceqFiR_rHA

And one last daylight test, underground carpark to outside to driving into the morning sun, you can hear wwhen it gets a GPS lock, only a few seconds after seeing the sky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Welw5-HMZyk

Cheers
    Steve
    Last edited by Steve F; 13-08-16 at 11:42 AM.