Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Steves JK

Amazing work Steve! Wish I had a quarter of your skill! Can't help but notice that you still have the subwoofer next to the fridge. Know a few people have pulled them out to make more space (don't know if you then need new speakers / stereo...)

Reckon you'd find a use for the space!

Dave

If I was desperate for the space I'd remove the sub but to be honest when things start to get so tight that it makes a difference I'll load up the roof rack As an aside no need for any stereo changes, just unplug it and continue as before. Really all I'm after is room for day trip stuff, anymore than that means the roof rack anyway.

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

Almost finished my Fridge slide with pullout table, just need to put a table top on the lower slides and tidy it up

Cheers
    Steve

Pretty much done, just need to sand it, cover it (carpet and wood stain) and then bolt it down.

Table is a push to open, I still need to epoxy it to the runners

Cheers
    Steve
    Last edited by Steve F; 23-04-15 at 02:00 PM.

Got my dash cam in the post this morning and installed it. I also have a hard wiring kit but will put that in next weekend.

Here's some pics.

You can just see it here installed behind the review mirror, you cant see it from the drivers or passengers seat and it's harder to spot from outside against the black of the mirror so less of a target for theft.

The base sticks to the windscreen and has two ports on it for power, they are also passthru ports so I will power it from the top and then use the bottom to run power out for my sony action cam when it is on it's windscreen bracket, a neat solution I think. The base is also the GPS receiver. Here I have power coming in from the bottom while I test.

And here it is with the mirror in place and the camera on the base.

And with the mirror out of the way, the screen turns off after a set time (in the menus) so it's quite discrete when running.

And a screenshot of the video and gps data from a free app called RegistratorViewer

I'll be using this along with my action cam for track footage and logging for Jambo Video is excellent and I have a polarizing filter on the lens to reduce glare and reflections. Tracks can be uploaded into google earth as well and saved as KMZ files.

Cheers
    Steve

Queued but it was worth it for $79

No noise at all from it on the freeway, the wire roof basket was so loud I you couldn't talk over it, which is why we got this.

Cheers
    Steve

Is ALDI one of our sponsors?? LOL

Made a simple yet very solid tablet mount, I was using velcro to attach my tablet to the daystar dash top but in the heat it would come off and was getting a bit loose and scrappy. I went and grabbed a few bucks of J profile aluminium (gutter profile in bunnings), cut three sections, used double sided tape (for now) to attach to the dash and called it done. If it holds up I'll take it off, paint it black and epoxy it to the dash top.

Cheers
    Steve

Eh Steve. . Are you happy wit the clone diff covers you bought a while back? I see. many on eBay but I'm thinking before Jambo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep, nice and solid and no leaks etc, I only have one on the back, also thinking of picking one up for the front before Jambo.

Cheers
    Steve