Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Steves JK

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F View Post
    Got my second battery (22AH deep cycle), it's a perfect fit Now I can have light at the camp site all night if needed or plenty of light on the trail for repairs/recoveries. Should easily run a 1A (12w LED flood light) for 10hrs with plenty of power to spare.

Next step, bolt it down and wire it into the existing rear isolated loom.

Cheers
    Steve
    Got a second one of these batteries and will wire them in parallel to get 44AH at 12v. Mostly decided to do this as the space under the floor is a bit redundant, with the fridge on the top, and I am really happy with the first battery (ran the big Waeco overnight at Rydal when we went up there, that was from around 5:00pm to 9:00am, and was still good in the morning, should run the smaller fridge for longer) and doubling the AH rating is a good thing, realistically I could fit three for 66AH but I think this will be plenty for now and will see it ready for keep the beer and steak cold at Camp Coffs.

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

Done, 44AH of deep cycle battery and 560CCA. Thinking of one more, since it'll fit, for the 66AH and 840CCA. Also only weigh 6kg each so happy with that

Cheers
    Steve

For fridge or winch use??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fridge and led lighting, no plans for a winch and the wiring isnt up to a big draw of power in one hit.

Cheers
    Steve

Swapped out the front factory shocks for some Bilstein 5100 to suit the lift, these are only a little longer when compressed but a couple of inches longer when extended. Just need to do the rears now.

Gotta also say it rides real nice even with just the front done so looking forward to putting the rears in.

Cheers
    Steve

Got the shocks in the rear along with a smaller spacer to level it again More droop at the back now with no change in compression.

Done for Coffs now, and maybe even Jambo

Cheers
    Steve

Ok, I lied, not done for Coffs, I wanted more power for the fridge and lighting at night when in camp.

Decided the space under the floor was useless as soon as the Jeep is loaded up so added a third battery to the bank to make a 66AH battery bank. Runs the fridge for an estimated 38hrs at 32c, so longer in real life (with cooler nights), and this is without really drawing down the batteries too much. Just need to replace the leather gloves between each battery with some rubber sheet to stop one battery damaging another. I had to cut the carpet to get them to sit nice and flat as it arched and held them like a sling initially. Real happy with it and have the fridge running now so I can check the voltage in 18 hours or so.

And why I didn't bother trying to use the space for anything else.

Cheers
    Steve

Replaced the cigarette lighter with a USB socket (rather than having a plug in one that keeps coming loose offroad) also wired in a 12V to 5V (3A) converter to run the tablet on top of the dash from the back of the new USB socket. Now I have no more wires running up te front of the dash and two solidly mounted reliable USB ports

Cheers
    Steve
    Last edited by Steve F; 07-03-15 at 06:01 PM.

With LED light bars getting cheaper I decided to swap out my 3 year old 60w light bar for a 120w one.

Before

After

Compared

Now for it to get dark so I can align it.

Cheers
    Steve

With 3 of us in the JK and the fridge in the back there is no room for camp chairs, a necessity on a day trip So I built a simple fridge slide and will put a shelf above it for the chairs to lay on (which is why the fridge has to pull out). The slot at the bottom of the slide is so I can put a second slide with a small pull out table that extends from the fridge slide. It secures by slotting under the back seat and bolting to the two lower sub bolts. Now for the shelf and to carpet the lot.

Cheers
    Steve