Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Steves JK

Solar setup ready to go, just need to add an external plug for my lights in camp (in tent as well) and so I can run the fridge out of the Jeep if I want.

With a break in the clouds today I plugged the 80W folding panel in.

Below shows main battery and aux deep cycle batteries with the panel plugged in. They charge from the Jeep but always nice to keep them topped up when it's parked for the day.

Plugs into the existing Anderson plug that I use for running the compressor etc.

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

Nice. So the panel has the MPPT charger built in?
    I've got the option on my CTEK D250S Dual, good idea with the Anderson plug ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by darksidecustoms View Post
    Nice. So the panel has the MPPT charger built in?
    I've got the option on my CTEK D250S Dual, good idea with the Anderson plug ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep, MPPT controller is mounted on the back of the panel on the legs, to be honest though I don;t know if MPPT does much good when the panel max's out at around 18V A decent PWM would do the job just as well.

I also have an Anderson to alligator clips in-case I need to top up the starting battery for some reason, or another battery pack.

Cheers
    Steve
    Last edited by Steve F; 16-03-16 at 10:00 PM.

Another job sorted before Coffs, fitted a fused 10A marine socket to the rear bar for running power to the tent or running lights etc.

Cheers
    Steve

How to fit all the gear in a 2 door Grabbed one from Bunnings and was a lot cheaper than expected, so grabbed the only other one there so one grey and one blue. They weren't on the website so maybe running out? Anyway, just for light stuff to go on the roof racks, 9lt gas bottle in for an example of sizing.

Cheers
    Steve

Ive had one of these for a few years now, cheap enough all right, the top warped a bit on mine but that's Ok because its inside all the time, I use it for my recovery gear, compressor, spares and tools, I fasten it to the seat mounting loops with turnbuckles, probably why the lid warped. Doggy..

They have a 3yr warranty now so not too concerned about warping and for some reason they cost $80 each (around $250 from the manufacturer) Probably why there are none left now

Cheers
    Steve

So decided I need a flat rack for the JK, all the ones on the market are expensive or are generic and I want one that fits the roof perfectly and mounts to the existing crossbar adapters I have for my Sherpa rack. The adapters take a 1 1/4" round cross tube so that's the size of tube I'm going to use.

Also decided it needs to be 1400mm long and 1200mm wide (roughly, will end up a little wider than this, closer to 1250mm)

Steel all sorted just need to fire the order off on Monday and get it delivered Wide enough to fit a box either side and the jettent up the middle and long enough to have the two boxes end to end if preferred.

Cheers
    Steve

But your cars black...

There you go

Cheers
    Steve