Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Steves JK

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep11 View Post
    so does this mean no more off-roading Steve ? watch out Dave and the touring brigade LOL
    There's still about twice as much tread as there was on the old muddies But man, I didn;t know a Jeep could be so quiet on the road!!!

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F View Post
    There's still about twice as much tread as there was on the old muddies But man, I didn;t know a Jeep could be so quiet on the road!!!
    Glad you like ‘em! Hope the Toyo’s perform off road too.

We switched from 35” KM2 muddies to 35” KO2 all-terrains for our trip. The steering feels lighter and gas mileage has certainly improved so I’m happy with them for now, but road noise seems comparable and traction is worse in all conditions save dry bitumen. When we’re back I’d happily sport muddies again.

Cheers,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F View Post

Cheers
    Steve
    Solid choice on the Toyo AT2 on paper - it's not easy to find an AT tyre in that size with a reasonable weight / construction balance.

73db noise too, or roughly half as loud as the KM2 in the same size (Euro db ratings).
    Last edited by SnakeDoctor; 28-11-18 at 11:51 AM.
    Martin H. | 2014 JK Unlimited (white) | 2015 Grand Cherokee (max. steel)

So done around 100km this week, same as any other week except full usage has dropped by almost 2lt's per 100!!! Need to try them offroad but the smoothness and quietness on road and the improved economy has me won over as long as they are decent offroad Thumbs up for the Toyos so far.

Cheers
    Steve

So the 3x22AH AGM batteries mounted under the floor in the back are well and truly dead. Rather than go down the same route again (with plans to finally order the JLU before Christmas) I decided to grab a 25AH portable lithium pack from ITECHWORLD. It has a built in MPPT charger for solar, 12V from the car or wall charging, a 300W inverter, numerous USB out, wireless charging pad and 5.5mm and 12V out sockets.

Decided it will sit in the back of the Jeep when on the move charging from the 12V socket with the fridge plugged in to the pack, turn off the Jeep and the fridge will run of the battery pack. Get in camp and I can run the projector, charge phones and drone etc without having to run cables from the camper. Perfect for day trips etc with a 100W solar blanket.

Anyway, 6 hours running the fridge so far and looking good, anticipating 20hours with the fridge empty and sitting at 1C. Not the cheapest option but very convenient EDIT *** After 20 hours I stopped the test, battery was at 60% and was obviously doing it's job, figured no need to draw it down unnecessarily guessing under these condition 35 hrs is around the safe maximum EDIT***

20200809_165029.jpg
    Last edited by Steve F; 10-08-20 at 08:01 AM.