Thread: Introduction

Smile Introduction

Hi everyone. I’m happy to be joining this forum. My name is Adam and I own a 2012 Jeep Patriot. My Family and I love going on 4WD trips around Wisemans Ferry and St Albans. Does anyone have any recommendations for other tracks to test the bad boy out on?

Visitor

Hi Adam,

Welcome to the SJC.

Before getting my current Wrangler I had a Nissan X-Trail, so not too dissimilar to the Patriot. I had great fun punting that around the tracks. It got me to a lot of places and was a lot of fun.
    There are loads of tracks in the Watagans & the Blue Mountains (around the Lithgow area). Everything from mild to very, very wild in both cases.
    There are often day trips organised through the club so keep an eye out. Some will certainly be beyond the capabilities of the Patriot but many will be suitable.

Have you done any mods to the Patriot yet?
    A decent set of all terrains will really make a difference if you're still on highway tyres. I think the X-Trails and the same size tyres and Yoko Geolanders were one of the few AT tyres available in that size, though that was a few years ago now. There may well be others now.
    I also found that a front bash plate was invaluable. Don't know if there are any available for the Patriots but if not I'm someone would fab one up for you. If you're not sure what I mean have a look on the australianxtrail forum and have a look at their bash plates. Mine paid for itself 100 times over in preventing damage to low hanging parts under the engine bay.

Visitor

Try Boiling Billy's 4WD TREKS SYDNEY to test out your Bad Boy

It is not he who gives abuse that affronts, but the view that we take of it as insulting; so that when one provokes you it is your own opinion which is provoking.<br /><br />–Epictetus

Welcome, come introduce yourself at the next meeting !!!!