Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Caves to Caves

Visitor

Default Caves to Caves

Because of the weather and a personal commitment, I unfortunately had to postpone the last organised trip earlier this year. However it is hope that the weather stay fine and my personal issues now will allow me to run this trip. I propose to run this trip on either the first or second weekend in November starting from Friday morning to Sunday afternoon. I will put up details shortly. Cheers Rob S
    Last edited by uncaged123; 12-07-14 at 06:46 PM.

Secretary

Hi Rob. Just curious if you think this trip would be suitable for a camper trailer? I am thinking of hiring one to ease the family into camping a bit more.

rich

Visitor

Sounds good, I'm in

Eddy

Visitor

Hi Rich I'm not sure, maybe some of the others members who done this trip in the past can advise you. I have a soft floor camper trailer myself, however I will not be taking it as it takes to long to set up and pack. Maybe if you wish to take a trailer hire a hard floor camper which is quicker to set up and pack. Beside I'm not sure how much space will be at our first night campsite, although Wombeyan Caves won't be a problem. Regards Rob S

Visitor

Rescheduled proposed Jenolan Caves to Wombeyan Caves 3 days weekend trip.
    Date: Friday 7th to Sunday 9th November
    Grading: D to C+ or moderate. If you would like to obtain maps google NP&WL web site where you could possibly download maps.
    Requirements: Recovery points Front and Rear, recovery gear, radio, spare parts as recommended by tag along operators, camera, food and drinks of choice, partner, boy/girl friends, etc. Newbies are welcome to join this trip.

Proposed itinerary
    Friday 7th - Meet at Blaxland at 8:30am in the Caltex Servo to the left side, travelling up the GWH, for a 9am departure. Those wishing to have a coffee and/or cake/pie, there are two good cake shops in the village shopping centre in the back street parallel with the GWH.

We will top up our fuel supply at Mt Victoria before proceeding to Jenolan Caves for a lunch break and quick look around. Afterward we'll travel onward to the junction where Kanangra Walls Road/Trail begins. We will travel down it until we reach the fork in the trail and take the left track pass the Boyd River camp ground toward Kanangra Wall to check out its wonderful scenery. Then we will back track to the junction in the trail and travel along Morong Creek Trail to Kowmung River Fire Trail, and onto Dingo Dell camping area for our first night rest. If you keen on fishing you could try a little trout fishing, but you will need a licence.

Saturday 8th - After a hearty breakfast we'll proceed toward Mt Werong and take the trail to Yerranderie and Government Town to look at these old gold settlements. Yerranderie is a private town and there will be a cost to enter, will advise of costs soon. After we inspect these historic towns we will return to the junction at Mt Werong and turn left onto Range Fire Trail and travel to Wombeyan Caves for our second night camping. Depending on where we camp, fees applies to Yerranderie and Wombeyan Caves at $12.00 per person/night as they provide shower facilities. All other camping areas are free. I've enquired with NP at Wombeyan Caves, no prior booking needed for campers or camper-trailers. We'll pay the camp fees per person on arrival.

Sunday 9th - We may inspect one of the caves before heading back to the Hume H/way via Mittagong or Goulburn depending on everyone decision, before heading home.

Note: It is advisable to bring with you 1-2 litre of fresh drinking water / per person / per day.

Please post below if you are interested in coming.

Regards RobS

Interested Parties:
    1) RobS @ uncaged123
    2) Dennis @ jk_menace
    3) Herison @ hmr73
    4) Shannon @ Aus_Jeep
    5) Dean @ McHowe
    6) Keith @ Keef_7
    7) Cobus
    Charlotte & Tom @ scarlettroseb
    9) Dru & Kerry
    10) Hunty & Jac
    Last edited by uncaged123; 09-11-14 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Updat

Visitor

Hi Rob,

Can you please put me down for this one, sounds like a great weekend away!

Dan

Visitor

Hi Rob,
    Put me down as well, sounds good.
    Cheers
    Dennis

Association Delegate

Quote Originally Posted by richhenning View Post
    Hi Rob. Just curious if you think this trip would be suitable for a camper trailer? I am thinking of hiring one to ease the family into camping a bit more.

rich
    Hi Rich,

I did this trip earlier this year and I don't think you would have any issue with a trailer.

Thomas

Secretary

Ok thanks Thomas

rich

Secretary

Hi Rob. Please put me down thanks.

rich