Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Caves to Caves

Visitor

Hi Rob, if this trip is still on the 7th-9th I think Tom and I would be interested in tagging along. We've only been to the last Freeman's waterhole trip but pretty keen for another adventure!

Charlotte

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visitor

Hi Charlotte, I've included you and Tom on the list. See you on the 7th.

Regards Rob
    Last edited by uncaged123; 29-10-14 at 04:56 AM.

Sorry Rob. I am out for the run.......... health not holding out the best presently D'owh!.................
    Stephen T.
    P.S. My friend will also not be coming.............
    JC Member# 094

Visitor

No problem Steve, I'm considering the possibility or doing another caves to caves trip early in the new year, before school recommence for 2015. You could consider doing that trip.

Cheers Rob

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

Looks like Kerry and I can make this. Might need to buy a new tent��

Can you fit us in?

Visitor

Hi Dru, yes I've included you on the list.

I can help you with a tent for the weekend too. Its a 6 person tent and I've have strong pegs after my trip to the Snowy Mountains in January. I purchased a black wolf turbo after the trip which I will use.

Cheers Rob

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

Thanks Rob. We are all tented up now. :-)

Visitor

Dear All,

Before I forget please note the following check list for those doing the caves to caves 3 days trip.
    1) Please advise family members and provide them with a copy of the itineary.
    2) Ensure you have a first aide kit, insect repelance body spray, sunscreen cream and hat, good hiking/walking shoes.
    3) Take plenty of drinking water and food. Includes a little more incase of the unexpected.
    4) A strong rubbish bag to take out our rubbish, to deposit at a public disposal point.
    5) Pack your vehicle/clothing to cover what you expect you'll need. Some people over pack and it takes them longer to secure their gear in the morning.
    6) Please sms to me your rego, full names and next of kin contact details. I'll be passing them on to the National Parks Rangers at Oberon and Wombeyan Caves.
    7) I'll be providing National Parks our trip details with a list of those attending.
    I have a personal location device for the unexpected emergency, I'm considering buying a stat phone for remote area usage.

I think that cover everything, maybe someone could bring a bush saw incase I forget to pack one.

Regards Rob S
    Last edited by uncaged123; 01-11-14 at 05:41 PM.

Visitor

Hi Rob,

We will have our Sat phone, if it's needed. We will be coming across the Blue Mountains to Mt Victoria, if your leaving Blaxland at 9, we should see you at MT Victoria about 10.

Visitor

Thanks Keef_7, Hunty you're most welcome and your expertise will be an asset.