Thread: Transporting/storage for a hj-lift jack

Default Transporting/storage for a hj-lift jack

Some time back I saw an ad. in a magazine for brackets that attached to the hinges on the tailgate of a wrangler, that enabled a hi-lift jack to be carried vertically out side the vehicle, also they were lockable to prevent theft.

I would welcome any suggestions as to their availability and price.
    I have an '07 2 door soft top.

Visitor

I know you can get jack (and other accessory) holders to fit the Teraflex hinged tyre carrier for the JK but I'm not sure if you can get them to fit the standard door hinges.
    If you could I'd be concerned about the strength of the hinges to be honest as they're not that strong. Mine started rattling horribly with just the extra weight of 33" tyres......hence getting the Teraflex hinged tyre carrier.
    The Teraflex one is absolutely solid though and is designed to holdup to a 37" tyre so the weight of a high lift shouldn't bother it.

Mr Bear!!!

We have one on the rear end of our JK

Rugged Ridge, purchased from Mr Wooders, payed about $130 ish (around 4 years ago)

Check out my rear end at the next meeting!!!

Cheers

Andy & Charl

Quote Originally Posted by Paul-JK View Post
    I know you can get jack (and other accessory) holders to fit the Teraflex hinged tyre carrier for the JK but I'm not sure if you can get them to fit the standard door hinges.
    If you could I'd be concerned about the strength of the hinges to be honest as they're not that strong. Mine started rattling horribly with just the extra weight of 33" tyres......hence getting the Teraflex hinged tyre carrier.
    The Teraflex one is absolutely solid though and is designed to holdup to a 37" tyre so the weight of a high lift shouldn't bother it.
    Just drove though central Aust with a Hi Lift on the rear end, attached to my Rugged Ridge door hinge mounted Hi Lift Jack Holder, and guess what It didn't fall off!!!LOL

Visitor

Another option is this A-pillar mount from uneek4x4

http://www.uneek4x4.com.au/a-pillar-hi-lift-mount/

Thanks guys I have located the item I was looking for on the Quadratec web site.

Visitor

There is one on Facebook jeep parts buy sell swap Australia
    Located in Sydney

The brackets arrived from the USA this morning, installed them this afternoon. The Hi-lift jack now rides in a vertical position outside the car attached to the tail gate hinges on the JK