Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JKU Rubicon Vs JKU Rubicon X

Visitor

Default JKU Rubicon Vs JKU Rubicon X

Just about to crossover to JKs. I am not finding too much success with speaking to salesman who has got no clue about Jeeps, so need some help from experienced JK owners.

What I would like to get is a kitted up (basic) JKU. Not sure whether to go for a standard 2015 JKU Rubicon, spend on ARB Front and Rear Bar with tire carrier, Rick Sliders, Under belly skids or bite the bullet and order a 2015 JKU Rubi X?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

The Rubicon X in the US has a neat front bar, we don't get that bar here What are the differences? I'd probably go with the standard Rubicon and stick on my choice of bar work (probably not ARB )

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F View Post
    The Rubicon X in the US has a neat front bar, we don't get that bar here What are the differences? I'd probably go with the standard Rubicon and stick on my choice of bar work (probably not ARB )

Cheers
    Steve
    Thanks Steve. Only going with ARB as I will Sal Sac the lot if I could. Need all the stuff when I get the truck before any damage. I agree with you that ARB is not probably the best but the change will be further down the trail when I buy new ones a flog the ARB ones off.

Are they both sporting Rock Trac and 4.1 diff gear ratio?

Yep, All Rubicons have the 4.1 and Rock Trac. It's what makes them a Rubi Doesn;t the X have a different bonnet?

Cheers
    Steve

Rock trac??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4.1 diffs and transfer, e locker, swaybar disconnect, bigger splines on axles, d44 front and rear, steel sill rail, transfer case bash plate.... Just a few differences that come to mind between the sport and the rubicon, off the shelf

Sal,

I'd go the standard Rubi (then build your own MAN-BARBIE ), as for bar work Uneek are good (plus if you decide to add a roof rack and tyre carrier they bolt to the rear bar), I have ARB! no real complaints but when I got it in early 07 ARB were the only ones who made bar work for the JK.
    Both Steve and Wally have covered all you need to know!!
    Go The Rubicon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wallyd View Post
    Rock trac??

It's what jeep call the rubi transfercase

Cheers
    Steve

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Wallyd View Post
    4.1 diffs and transfer, e locker, swaybar disconnect, bigger splines on axles, d44 front and rear, steel sill rail, transfer case bash plate.... Just a few differences that come to mind between the sport and the rubicon, off the shelf

Thanks Wally. Am tossing between the X and the Std Rubi and trying to get all accessories packaged pre tax. The doesn't seem to be much info on the X except on US websites. There is one avlbl at Leo's in Brisbane. I'll ring them up to enquire as well. The blackhawk edition is all bling though.

Quote Originally Posted by redrubi View Post
    Sal,

I'd go the standard Rubi (then build your own MAN-BARBIE ), as for bar work Uneek are good (plus if you decide to add a roof rack and tyre carrier they bolt to the rear bar), I have ARB! no real complaints but when I got it in early 07 ARB were the only ones who made bar work for the JK.
    Both Steve and Wally have covered all you need to know!!
    Go The Rubicon!!!
    Thanks Andy. Yeah, I kinda like Uneek. Dave certainly consults with the masses before comitting to a design. That is a huge plus. It'll be a WO-MAN BARBIE for Syl. Though I will still get to steal a drive from time to time. The plan is to go 35s eventually. We rented a JKU Rubi and drove it like we stole it.
    I'm still laid back in my WJ but the main drive is a Mighty Boy Zook!

U can get the dealer to talk to an accessories seller/installer and do a complete package price for the lease. Or, just do it yourself and then tell the dealership that pre delivery, you want to get the bits fitted by xyz. Here is the invoice for it, add it to the price of the car and and get it all on the one lease. My mate did that to his SR5 many years ago, he did a complete transformation, including lift and big ass tyres!!!
    I would talk to either shents or atv and go from there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk