Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Zig Zag, Lithgow..... Saturday 15.11.2014

Quote Originally Posted by Paul-JK View Post
    If you're still at stock height with a JKU just be careful on the likes of Pipeline with those stock side side steps. Fall on them heavily and they can bend up into the bodywork.
    Go on, ask me how I know

On a more positive note, if you're looking for reasons to justify some upgrades (to yourself or others) then this trip will be perfect. The JKU even stock is very capable, but you'll see how much easier the others manage with a small lift and some decent tyres. A 2" lift makes a massive difference in keeping the belly of the JK (and those 2 plastic flotation aids that we call side steps) off the ground a lot more.
    I will get him to use the bypass on the pipelines ......

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by TRBN8R View Post
    I will get him to use the bypass on the pipelines ......
    The big rock at the very start and the stock tyres may make the bypass a bit interesting, after that it should be fine if the rest hasn't eroded too much

Indeed, there are other ways in a bit further up glow worm tunnel road. So no shortage of options.

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

I don't mind sweating a bit. Our Ruby is still stock (not for much longer). Happy for obvious chicken tracks. Hoping we will have advice where sensible.

Looking forward to this one.

Dru

Visitor

Yeah, if you could upgrade the sliders would an area I'd look into. Most people, myself included suffer the damage before the upgrade.

Full muddies are important too. Forget about the 70/30 highway/offroad split. They don't mean much, mainly marketing purposes.

For example, if you're in a slick & muddy situation, the condition demands full muddies regardless of how much time you spend offroading, ie: 100% attempt for traction, that is 100% effort, not 70% which could quickly reduce to 0% when you have problem clearing them out. Sure they're a bit noisy but that's part and parcel of owning a Jeep, Offroading, camping, getting mud and dirt on, etc..

Sorry Mani, we're out for this one. Been advised against 4wdriving just yet.

Secretary

Apologies Mani I will have to sit this one out. Did some damage on my last trip out that needs to be repaired before I leave the blacktop again.

rich

Sorry Mani, I have to pull out as well - family problems on Saturday.
    Ian W.

Sorry to be pulling out this late Mani on behalf of my brother "Allabaster".
    Will try to make the next one with better tyres and more ground clearance...

No worries guys.......