Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible Deua NP Weekend Trip With ACTJT Colleagues

Visitor

Default Possible Deua NP Weekend Trip With ACTJT Colleagues

Looking through my copy of 4wd Touring - SE NSW & East Gippsland, I found a nice weekend 4wd adventure between Braithwood & Moruya. However its not recommended for camper trailers. If I plan this trip for mid March with our Canberra colleagues, would members be interested in doing it?

We can save travelling time by cutting across to Braithwood from Goulburn. I'll probably do a recce with Stuart and/or Paul from ACTJT to work out which trails to take.

Regards Rob S
    Last edited by uncaged123; 11-11-14 at 12:21 AM.

That sounds like it might be a good trip!
    It is not he who gives abuse that affronts, but the view that we take of it as insulting; so that when one provokes you it is your own opinion which is provoking.<br /><br />–Epictetus

This sounds Great.
    DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks

Visitor

Have done that track before. You could take a camper, but it would need to be quite capable as would the tow rig. Some steep clay hills on the way out towards Moruya.

The caves at the camp ground are about 2-3k walk, across multiple crossings of the same river. Good to kill a few hours, but do it with plenty of light left.

We normally camp at Dry Creek on a Friday night.

We then take Merricumbene Fire Trail in to Bendethra Valley and have either Lunch or afternoon tea at the first river crossing to allow the brakes to cool down

We normally head home via Dampier Mountain FT

If towing you can only go in and out via
    Moruya via Little Sugarloaf Road

Fuel is a big one on this trip especially if travelling down at night. We take a jerry can of fuel as servo at Braidwood is closed when we drive through so last fuel stop is Goulbourne

Done it a few times

The difference between theory and practice is.. In theory there is no difference.

For some reason I can't post pics with the new enhanced better crappatalk

The difference between theory and practice is.. In theory there is no difference.

Rob,
    Did you send an email to ACTJT president?

Visitor

Isn't grease monkey on mid March

Visitor

Hi all, as grease monkey is in mid March Jose and I are looking at doing this trip in early April. I'm waiting for Jose to advised me the dates he is available before I post up details, and contact ACTJT to see if they would like to join us. Stuart are you able to join us, I missed you at Rydal.

Cheers Rob S