Quote Originally Posted by Nixolus View Post
Hi Steve,
I have most of those things as well,

small but bright LED torch, basic first aid kit I have, I usually carry spare clothes if I'm out for a a trip, just because of the vagaries of Aussie weather. I always carry plastic bags for rubbish, but still use the cupholders for rubbish quite a lot. , I can easily add cables ties spare batteries clothes food and water no problem. I have a generally very supportive wife so no need to repeat Step 5.

Tyre inflation device, I do have a little air pump that's supposed to run off cigarette lighter, I don't know if its enough to inflate my tyre, but it's busted, so it needs repair.
I will need to see how a tyre can be repaired outside a tyre shop. Presumably you need some brutish tyre levers?

Hi AV8, Isn't a burrito warmer a bit of corrugated iron that's been left in the sun?
I learn't that you will never get No.5 right.... Remember to repeat No.5 again until you get it right....
Ditch the little air pump, will burn out again and again......... A decent air pump will serve you well.................
You plug the punctured tyre the same way as they do in a tyre shop, with the sealing plugs/thingies.... Works very well from experience............. You do not need the tyre levers to plug a small puncture hole but you will need that reliable air pump to air up the flat tyre again.......... Do not wait, you learn the hard way when you blow out more than 1 tyre at the same time............. Does happen more often than you may think.......... One spare tyre, 2 tyres blown, miles from nowhere............$50.00 for a good repair kit is good value/insurance.......... Definitely a must for the kit build up and peace of mind...........