Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited KL Active Drive 1

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Led_Blind View Post
    Hey all, Trailhawk owner here.

...My one piece of advice.... know your tyre pressures. Road pressures of 37psi just doesn't cut it at Stockton!!!! oh and get some deflators and a good quality high volume compressor!
    Awesome, great advice! Hope to see you at Rydal

AV8 is 100% correct. Rock rails are very important. I'd be seeing if I could find something cheaper than the $2400 Jeep are asking for them, but at the end of the day, $2400 is still cheap compared to what it will cost to repair your sill panels when they get damaged. My WG Grand Cherokee rock rails cost $800 imported from the states. Best $800 I ever spent as I've landed on them quite hard a few times now. And I do say 'when', not 'if'. With a car that low, it will get hung up on a rock when you go offroad regardless of wether you don't plan on doing any rock climbing. Offroading is just that. There is no road, and you will be faced with having to climb the odd rock to continue with your journey.
    Mate, congratulations on your purchase. I look forward to hopefully seeing you out on the tracks one day. I like the KJ's and will be interested to see how it performs off the blacktop :-)

http://www.rocky-road.com/jeep-cherokee-kl-rock-sliders.html

Then Basically Double the price to land it at your door.
    Last edited by Hunno; 01-02-15 at 11:11 AM.
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JCL View Post
    Hi all,

Newby to off-roading here. I've recently purchased the above Jeep and would like some help & advice about going off-roading.

First of all, are there any 2014 Jeep Cherokees which aren't Trailhawk in this club? How capable would my Jeep be?

I know it's considered a soft-roader/crossover but most info I'm finding online is that it's a very capable off-roader & it's more about the driver than the vehicle.

The Limited only has Jeep Active Drive 1 so no low range gearing but it has Select Terrain of Snow, Sport, Sand/Mud. It drives 2WD on road & is 4WD on demand but when you use the Select Terrain it basically transfers torque around at various numbers depending on what you select.

It only has 185mm of ground clearance. No idea about approach & departure angles. So far I've taken it to Kurnell Boat Harbour on stock tires & after letting pressure down to 16psi it went well. Was stuck on a small hill on the obstacle course at one stage but it easily reversed out.

I am keen on purchasing some all-terrain tires - If I can go largest possible will this give me much lift regarding ground clearance? I'm also thinking of a lift-kit but there is nothing available for KL Cherokee as yet. I don't think I can find a skid plate either.

So, basically I want to get an idea of which terrain & trails I can learn on & which I need to avoid because of low clearance. Do I need to avoid steep descents/ascents?

I am looking at doing a 4WD training course at Mittagong with a guy who reckons this vehicle would be capable of quiet a bit.

Any info at all would be greatly appreciated especially if there are any KL owners here
    I know this is an old thread, but just wondering how things have turned out for you?? Am in the process of trading our ever faithful Nissan Murano in for a Cherokee Limited with ad1 for my wife. Don't plan on off roading it as that is what the Wrangler is for, but rather do a bit of touring and maybe drive along the beach at places like Stockton if ever we are holidaying up there.
    #366. TJ Wrangler Golden Eagle

Hi All... i'm a newbie in this forrum and by reading this particular thread i already learned a lot... i also have a 2014 Longitude... same questions as JCL... can anyone recommend where i can i get a lift kit and have it installed as well... kind regards.... ☺