Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Syl's JK

Hi sal ...just notice the messages..but unable to send ...Sorry for the late response .. It's all about the wheel offset.. He has engineered 4" and 35's..
    DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks

Looks fantastic. Looks like my wheels and rims [emoji106]🏼
    Great idea about the rear light and tyre carrier bracket.
    My tyres are sticking out about 3" too. I was going to extend them with extender from Clark Rubber but I'm not really worried.
    Do you know where, I can buy those switches? I need them and a relay. Or wiring harness.
    Bee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visitor

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselcon View Post
    Hi sal ...just notice the messages..but unable to send ...Sorry for the late response .. It's all about the wheel offset.. He has engineered 4" and 35's..
    Cool mate, that's what he said too. Someone on the forum threw me off wrt ESC. Must be a senior tech at the stealership or something. I have had many problems with these so called senior mechanics. They don't wheel and really have not much clue about fixing Jeeps. They're ok at changing oils and standard log book servicing and great at charging ridiculously expensive and inflated prices, and tearing people down with their rather limited knowledge and experience.

Quote Originally Posted by belinda.collings View Post
    Looks fantastic. Looks like my wheels and rims [emoji106]
    Great idea about the rear light and tyre carrier bracket.
    My tyres are sticking out about 3" too. I was going to extend them with extender from Clark Rubber but I'm not really worried.
    Do you know where, I can buy those switches? I need them and a relay. Or wiring harness.
    Bee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Belinda.

I'm getting the removable Teraflex mudflaps from SBR OFFROAD and some garden edging from Bunnings to screw them into place. It'll make it look a bit feral and scary, ae?

I don't know where you'd get the switches here. I got to pick them up from the factory direct.

The third brake light is a temp fix until I get a permanent home for the number plate. The creaking noises from the plate holder bothers me and may come loose anyway especially on rough corrugations. A US style plate holder may be the go, keeping it nice and low. Routing the compressor line from the rear cargo area to it is an option too.

Superchips to come.

Visitor

I've got the Teraflex tyre carrier and the number plate mount that comes with it.
    It uses the OE 3rd brake light, cut off directly under the light and then mounted through the back to the number plate bracket.
    Works well, keeps the factory light (which is approved in terms of legalities) and keeps the standard wiring so less mucking about.
    Here are a couple of photos.

It be easy enough to make a simple metal bracket to attach the brake light to any similar spare tyre mounted number plate holder.

Visitor

Yep, too easy Paul. Nice set up there btw.

With the new angled roof and tyre carrier, I will have to bend it like Beckham to make the light visible or better yet, I'll try to go about fitting one on the roof near the top of the tailgate.

Did some wheeling yesterday, drove over a kerb. Great flex!!

Visitor

The iPad is getting thrown around. Ram mount looks like the bees knees of mounts.

How did you mount yours? Will it interfere with pass airbag deployment?

Visitor

Will be taking the JK out for the first time to Wheeny Creek sometime around 26th-30th Aug for a test drive.

Anyone with lockers, 33", rated recovery points is welcomed to tag along. B to B+ with a couple of As along the way. Winch is not essential but helpful.

Bring lots of water, hiking shoes, sleeping bags, tarps, gas cooker , etc ( standard light camping gear) in case of getting stuck

3/4G is available for emergency help.

Hmm it's tempting.
    DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks

Visitor

It's nothing like Monkey Gum or Six Stager but it has some awesome climbs. Not too far on the h'way for you hopefully, Jose.

If we finish early, then maybe do a quick drive to Widow Maker for a look see. It'll make for a long day for sure but I've my thermos, all good for coffee to keep me awake!!

We can be in and out of Wheeny Creek in 2-3 hours minimum but could also take a whole day if something goes awry, obviously. The trail is about 15kms.

Name your day, I'll try to work my way around it.

We should do Menai again after Jambo.

Visitor

Fender floors
    Last edited by AV8; 01-10-15 at 09:13 AM.