So... I can't call it "Dru's JK Build" because I would have bought a Grand Cherokee and not thought anymore about a build. But dear kerry looked at the Jeep brochures, seemed to blame me for things I was to do in the future on the fire trails and instructed we would get a Wrangler. Then it had to be a Ruby. Then I bumped into Bear at an ARB shop and all of a sudden we were in the SJC. First trip the fabled Wattagans. And a build project was born.

And how confusing is it to work through the right way to approach a JK build? To be honest, if it wasn't for a) the Wattagans as an introduction to wheeling' with the SJC; and b) a mopar front bar/winch that we got with the heap... the sensible answer to this is 33" wheels; 2.5" lift and change to flat fenders. But Kerry is not the type to do things by halves.

So the project became 3" or 3.5" lift; 35's; and we are sticking with the original fenders for now. Spent a lot of time talking to ATV working through AEV options (I like the AEV kit a lot) and to Shents talking AEV but with options put forward. Ultimately we have gone the Shents route using Synergy as a base but with other items added in and feel we got better value for money. Seem to have lost a friend at ATV in the process which is disappointing, but hell decisions have to be made, you can't keep all the people happy all the time.

I totally rate both ATV and Shents btw. We pick up the truck tomorrow. These pics are from Phil Shenton.

So I'm guessing that peeps want details here. So this is lift package:

From Synergy:
High Steer drag link and flip adapter
Rear sway bar links
3" bump stops front and rear
High clearance control arms - front upper and lower, rear upper and lower
Chromoly tie rod
Front trackbar bracket

Other components in this hybrid build:
Fox shocks with resorvoir
Dow steering stabiliser
Flex coils front and rear, originally offered by ATV but also available from Shent. There is a change in wind as well as diameter of the coil (my terminology) which is meant to be better than the AEV 3 stage units. We will see.
Extended brake lines
Procal
Terra flex rear trackball bracket

Our intent with all of this was a JK ready for B+ trails (A maybe once my skill level builds?) often on day trips for short furious wheeling' out of Sydney. If we ever take on a big tour, say the Cape or the Beadel tracks we will need to adjust the build.

Other items of importance, naturally are the feet. We chose AEV Pintel wheels (10mm offset), decided against bead locks. And they are shod with MTZs - 315/70/R17

Can_Not_Wait_To_Collect