Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YJ owners? round headlights are here.

Visitor

Default YJ owners? round headlights are here.

I saw this on Kickstarter and thought it might be of interest.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ategory_newest

The clever feller has thought up a way to convert a YJ to having round headlights, looks pretty shmick.

I doubt he'll get many takers (Especially from Aus as there are probably about 6 in the country ) The square headlights are what make a YJ stand out from the crowd Shame to replace with round although it does look cool.

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

Visitor

Well for my money, I would buy something else than a YJ in the first place, still its good to be informed.

Hmm yuk not really a fan.... It's sorta a cross between a JK and a patriot.
    In Aust the YJ is soo rare you'd be nuts to convert it.

Visitor

Zero/Zero. People have enough sense not to, I think. It's like putting Chrome Curb Feelers on for crawling a mall.

Last edited by AV8; 11-12-14 at 08:51 PM.

Visitor

Well you have to figure how many people following kickstarter have YJs and of them how many are wishing they had round headlights. Still I think he's done a neat job of it.

Visitor

Well you have to figure how many people following kickstarter have YJs and of them how many are wishing they had round headlightghts. errrr.... No I/We don't buddy. Speaks for itself, nothing to figure out. The person and you should go figure, not me/us.

Still I think he's done a neat job of it. Looks like you and him are 2/7 Billion people in the world who like it. BTW, I don't see you putting your money where your mouth is. Not even a stinkin' dollar, if you think it's plastic fantastic. 41 days to go

Sorry, don't mean no offense, but just saying the obvious IMHO.

Visitor

I think you've misunderstood me, as your post does seem a bit agressive. I was basically agreeing with you, His kickstarter is not likely to go anywhere, anyone can see that. I wasn't saying you meaning "you", I was using it in a colloquial sense with the meaning of "one". I don't have a YJ, and I think I made it clear that given the choice I wouldn't buy one and then convert it. I would buy a jeep that looks more like a jeep which of course, is what I did. So there's no compelling reason to support his project. Theres lots of things I can appreciate with feeling a compulsion to financially support.

Although one can keep a jeep stock, it does seem to be quite normal to modify them in all sorts of ways, and I don't see this idea as any different to changing the flares, or other components, so I'm not sure why this chaps idea has gotten you so riled. Personally I do think he has done a neat job of the conversion, and as it's Jeep related I thought it was interesting, in an acedemic sense. Perfect for a yakkity yak topic. Or so I thought.

Visitor

Ooopps, sorry if I've upset you, buddy. I'm not riled at the idea at all. Just stating the obvious, as said also by Steve and Dave. Maybe the it's against your love towards this idea that you are being so defensive about, and we are yakkity yakking about it, only not in the way you wanted perhaps?

It is not he who gives abuse that affronts, but the view that we take of it as insulting; so that when one provokes you it is your own opinion which is provoking. Cpage66
    Anyway, I won't spend anymore time on this. Have a nice day.

Visitor

Not sure where you got the idea I'm in love with the idea, I just think he's executed it well, and its interesting. I feel like I said that already.
    There's obviously a big miscommunication here, as each one of us seems to think the other is upset. I'm not upset at all.

I think you're right, we're not going to get anywhere talking in circles.