Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New in club!

Default New in club!

Hi all, just joined the club. Glad to be a part of the SJC! Just a quick one about my self. I situated in the central west , Orange region. Plenty of places to go 4x4 within this region.
    I drive a Jeep tj sport. Its as stock as you can get. Only fitted 31' muddies but goes well like all Jeeps does!
    If any one comes into this region and looking for some good off road tracks, feel free to ask me for some direction or I can join up.

Visitor

Hi Jean welcome aboard. Send me some info of 4wd locations including camping facilities and I'll possibly plan a 3 days weekend trip to join you 4wd in your backyard.

If you're a financial member, you may like to join us at Rydal in two weeks for some 4wd and to meet many of the club members.

Cheers Rob S
    Last edited by uncaged123; 04-01-15 at 07:58 PM.

When do you plan to come out this way?

Visitor

Welcome to the club. We'll be at Rydal Showground 17/18 Jan. See post on trip section.

Visitor

At this stage Jean I can't give you a date. But I'm looking at late March, April or early May. Also is that large inland lake near Orange? I may bring my inflatable boat and outboard to try some fishing.

Cheers Rob S
    Last edited by uncaged123; 05-01-15 at 02:26 PM.

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

Hi Jean, wonderful part of the world. We were out towards you over Christmas - Turon River as close as we got. Definitely catch up on some trails in the future.

Dru and Kerry.

Yes there is a lake near Orange. Not too sure if you can use your outboard there. Its at lake Canobolas. (ALSO WHERE ALL THE GOOD TRACKS ARE)The time of the year you want to come out here is freezing. The best time to come is before end of March. But if you like cool weather you will be ok.

Visitor

Thanks Jean, one of the members has scheduled a weekend south of Sydney around mid March, I'm not sure whether members would do two weekends in the same month. However I'll post up a trip proposal for any members who may like to do a camping/4wd weekend with you toward the end of February. However I have a proposed 4wd/camping weekend to Barrington Tops on the second weekend of February. I have the time to do another weekend trip, I'll see if others would like to join me. Could you please provide me with either a campsite or meeting location in/near Orange, to start the ball rolling.

Cheers Rob S
    Last edited by uncaged123; 05-01-15 at 05:53 PM.

Hi Rob, sounds nice. The only problem I have is that my wife is pregnant and in her last 2 months. Camping for me will be difficult at this stage but for sure later on in the year. But if want to organize a camping/ 4x4 weekend you are still more than welcome. I will join you for the day out but not camping. I know there is a free camp site on top of mount canobolas and its close to all the tracks on mount canonolas. Then there is kinross state forest. Is n nice track but not too difficult. Then there is Ophir. Its got a camp site (i think $10 p/day)and plenty of good 4x4 tracks. Very rocky and about 12 river crossings. Will recommend this just before the winter or just at the beginning. It needs a bit of water to make the river crossings worth it. Then there is mullions creek state forest. Only been there once and did not find any good tracks. But I have to say that we did not spend too much time there.

Visitor

Thanks jean05. I'm looking at possibly heading up your way for a recce trip on the last weekend of February. I've previously stayed in a classy hotel with work a number of years back, but can't recall its name. If no others members can make it, I'll book a room at the hotel and we could venture out to whichever location suits us from town. The hotel is near a park in the CBD, maybe you know it, if so could you please provide me with its details. I'll possibly arrive in Orange around 2ish on the Friday and a cold ale will be great to wash the dust down.

Please pass mlne and the club members best wishes to your wife, and hope all goes well with the birth of your child.

Regards Rob S
    Last edited by uncaged123; 06-01-15 at 05:49 PM.