Thread: Ok so I bought a JEEP.

Default Ok so I bought a JEEP.

Hi Everyone,
    I recently purchased a cherokee trailhawk. The idea is to start going to places that we previously couldn't with a road car. As I'm new to the 4wd scene can anyone please recommend a training course that is worth doing to understand the capability of the trailhawk?

I look forward to exchanging ideas with you guys on this forum. I'm sydney based so I will try to pop down during the club meeting to say hello.

cheers.

Visitor

Hi electric, SJC conduct regular trips of varying grades inwhich you'll be able to learn how your jeep perform offroad, and what grading you'll feel comfortable doing. Come to the next meeting at Dooleys Regend Park Bowling Club, next Wednesday to meet some of the members, and come along on some trips. You learn plenty from the experienced members of the club.

Cheers Rob
    Last edited by uncaged123; 30-01-15 at 09:20 PM.

Visitor

Hi All. Like Electric, I'm new here too, and I also have a Cherokee Trailhawk. I used to have a 4wd (Ford Maverik XLT lovingly called "Black Betty") but haven't been off-roading for quite a few years now, so I don't want to go too "deep end" at first.
    How often are the meetings on? And is there any activity planned for next weekend, or the week after that? I'd like to try for a day trip on a Sunday sometime soon.
    Cheers, John..

Yes I keep hearing the jeep music in my head and yes I too bought a jeep Cherokee trailhawk. Took it out the other weekend to Cox's river and out via the waterfall fire trail. What a blast and now I need more so I'm looking to join the club.

I dont know know if I can make the next meeting but I'll do my best.

Looking forward to to meeting you all and learning more about my Jeep.

Hi Guys,

If you are members, and check the Trips part of the Forum, you will see a Driver Awareness trip on 22 Feb - this weekend coming!

We meet on the first Wednesday of every month - usually at "Dooleys" Regents Park Bowling Club, so the next meeting is 4 March. Meetings start at 7.30, but come early and you can get a good meal from the bistro!

If you are looking for 4WD training outside of a club - that you pay for, but get a certificate - my first training was through Great Divide Tours http://www.greatdividetours.com.au/driver-training.htm
    They have a training 'school' near Braidwood, and do a two day course there - just under $600 for two drivers in one car, but includes meals and accommodation. I really enjoyed it - about 8 years ago

Hope to meet you, and have a good look at the Trailhawks sometime!

Dave

Visitor

Also fellows, I have a weekend camping trip to Barrington Tops on the last days of February, which is an easy grade to start your offroad experience. It was originally planned for last weekend but postponed.due to the wet weather.

Look up the Barrington Tops trip post in the trip blog and check it out for consideration.

Cheers RobS
    Last edited by uncaged123; 17-02-15 at 01:35 AM.

Welcome guys! Keep an eye on the trip forum and there will be some trips suitable coming up.

Driver Awareness is this Sunday but only available to financial members (join and come along)

Heidi