Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Elio's TJ

Default Elio's TJ

Sadly I got rid of my beloved WG, but the good news is I replaced it with this TJ Golden Eagle. I'm very happy with it, but it needs just a little tlc.

Will wait until my bank balance recovers before doing any more work to it. Watch this space :-)
    Last edited by Elio S; 07-10-17 at 08:46 AM.
    #366. TJ Wrangler Golden Eagle

Visitor

Sweeeeet!!! !

Club Member

Nice. Go the TJ

Replaced the holey muffler yesterday. Doesn't sound like crap anymore. Next stop, remove the rear retainer on the transfer case and reseal it. I knew it was leaking when I bought it, but it's actually leaking oil at a pretty alarming rate. Once that's sorted, I can concentrate on giving the old girl a major service. According to the log books, the last service was done in 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Elio S View Post
    Replaced the holey muffler yesterday. Doesn't sound like crap anymore. Next stop, remove the rear retainer on the transfer case and reseal it. I knew it was leaking when I bought it, but it's actually leaking oil at a pretty alarming rate. Once that's sorted, I can concentrate on giving the old girl a major service. According to the log books, the last service was done in 2012
    Drop the transfer case out. Pretty straight forward & would make it a lot easier to repair.
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hunno View Post
    Drop the transfer case out. Pretty straight forward & would make it a lot easier to repair.
    Doesn't look too bad to do on the car, but I've never pulled apart a Jeep transfer. I've started disassembly already. Will chime back in when I get unstuck lol.

well I got unstuck lol. Found the source of the oil leak. The transfer case is cracked. The previous owner must of dropped it pretty hard on it's belly. I guess it landed on the exhaust and tailshaft, cracking the case. Ultimately I'd love if I could find just the rear half of the case but I reckon I have a bigger chance winning the lottery, so it looks like I'm going to have to hunt around for a transfer case. Does anybody know if there is a difference in the transfer cases between the different year models or auto / manual

Visitor

Elio, time for an Atlas II and Klune V undies..

The cracks are all circled. Have fixed it temporarily for now with knead it epoxy. Am too broke to afford a transfer case right now. Hopefully it will hold a few weeks.

Visitor

Not sure if it's of any help or how it's gonna work but I do have a spare WJ QTII TC for sale and has no problems at all.

Quadra-Trac II NV247 On-demand; includes low-range (2:72:1); single lever transfer case mode operation.