Thread: Requirements of the Law

Default Requirements of the Law

Watched a TV show last night (Highway patrol), the cops pulled a guy over for doing 160ks in a 60k zone, he had all sorts of lame excuses as to why he was speeding. Amongst the many defects the cops found they hit him with the fact there was no shift pattern displayed on the gear shift knob. I did not know this is a requirement of the law. This particular infringement added the sum of $214 to his total bill.

p s they were Victorian cops.

It was 114 in a 60, but I noticed that to, seems rather petty, not having gear markings on ya knob, ive had cars that the gear pattern wasn't marked on the gear knob.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    Watched a TV show last night (Highway patrol), the cops pulled a guy over for doing 160ks in a 60k zone, he had all sorts of lame excuses as to why he was speeding. Amongst the many defects the cops found they hit him with the fact there was no shift pattern displayed on the gear shift knob. I did not know this is a requirement of the law. This particular infringement added the sum of $214 to his total bill.

p s they were Victorian cops.

Yes it's a nsw regulation aswell. I had my skyline engineered for coilovers and others and the only thing I was initially rejected on was the stick pattern in the shifter.. Lol
    DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks