Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Capertee Saturday 16th of May 2015 :) :) :)

Default Capertee Saturday 16th of May 2015 :) :) :)

Mt Airlee Saturday 16/05/2015....

When: Saturday 16/05/2015

Hi Guys,

Back to some weekends off after hectic 6 months. we need to run some recce trips for Capertee. Last time I drove it was last Jambo. So not very sure how the track will be now. Also I plan to run Capertee one day and run local trips on the other 2 trip days so anyone who wants to run this trip on the other 2 pls come along for a recce......

This property is about 155ks from Blacktown and about 50ks from Lithgow. It takes about 2.5-3 hrs to get to the property from Richmond. The track is about 7.5 ks one way so about 15ks return. It takes about 5 Hrs to go up and come back to the main road This includes a 2km return walk to edge of the cliff and I cant put the views in words... They have to be seen to be believed. From Richmond it is about 11 Hrs return trip if there are no hiccups. Add another couple of hours to cover contingencies. There are no chicken tracks around the hard bits.

Please specify which RV Point u r gonna meet up at.

RV Point 1: Richmond Mc Donalds 0730 Hrs Depart for Lithgow by 0745 Hrs.....

RV Point 2: Lithgow Mc Donalds 0900 Hrs

Grade: C+ / B- (Hopefully) But could get upto an A...

Numbers: 10 including leader with 2 reserves

Minimum Requirements: 2 inch lift, atleast 31inch aggressive AT or MT tyres is recommended (Road tyres may come back with sidewall damage), This track is best suitable for cars with live axles TJs, JKs, XJs and the like.... Independant suspensions will need lockers and we may have to snatch sometimes as there are no chicken tracks. CB radio, Recovery points, Recovery gear, Kids, Boyfriend/Girlfriend/Any friend, Camera, Food/Drinks of choice.

Further info contact -Mani 0405801230

1. Mani @ Trbn8r @ Richmond McDonald's
    2. Chris @ Cpage666 @ Lithgow McDonal's
    3. Dru & Kerry @ Dru @ Lithgow
    4. Steve @ SteveF @ Lithgow
    5. Rupert @ Rupicon (Maybe) @
    6. Gene @ Gbrednya @ Lithgow
    7. Stephen Taylor @ SteveT @ Richmond
    8. Nekked @ Richmond (maybe)
    9. Greg @ GregD @ Richmond

Reserves

Cheers and happy Jeeping...
    Mani
    Last edited by TRBN8R; 14-05-15 at 06:09 PM.

Yep yep...that track owes me...And I'll meet ya'll at Lithgow.
    It is not he who gives abuse that affronts, but the view that we take of it as insulting; so that when one provokes you it is your own opinion which is provoking.<br /><br />–Epictetus

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

Mani

Kerry and I would not miss it for the world. We're in! Edit: Lithgow collection point.
    Last edited by Dru; 13-04-15 at 03:15 PM.

I'm hoping Ill be a goer for this. Lithgow maccas
    DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks

Getting there.... Will wait till the list is full... If everyone meets up at Lithgow I will camp @ Lithgow on friday and start the trip from Lithgow....

Quote Originally Posted by TRBN8R View Post
    Getting there.... Will wait till the list is full... If everyone meets up at Lithgow I will camp @ Lithgow on friday and start the trip from Lithgow....
    Will try to get up there Friday evening myself and join you...
    It is not he who gives abuse that affronts, but the view that we take of it as insulting; so that when one provokes you it is your own opinion which is provoking.<br /><br />–Epictetus

Put me down too One track I've always wanted to do and never have. Happpy to meet at Lithgow Maccas as well.

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

It's an awesome track.. Take the family as it's like you've turned back time when your in there.
    DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks

Visitor

I would say put me down for this but the jrl team I coach has a game that day, in the event of a change or rain off you will have a party crasher probably in the jk

Visitor

Hi Mani,
    that's an interesting trip,please put me in.

thanks,
    bert-a