Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Victoria High Country January 2016

Another update. I got an email from Teshie yesterday saying that unfortunately he won't be able to make it.

He suggested that Will98 said that he might like to come along instead, so I called him yesterday and emailed all the details. Just waiting to hear back from him to see if he is in or not.

So we may have 11 Jeeps, or we may be back to 10.

Also as you can see from the messages above, apart from my stuffing up Kevin's email address, I think that most of us are meeting at Marulan BP at around 10.00am on Saturday 2nd and convoying down from there - pretty sure that Eddy, Rob, Wally, Kevin, Hunty and Dennis, and myself will all be there - just look for the Jeeps! As I said to Wally, Marulan is the big Truck weighing station town about 20km beyond the Shell and McDonalds at Sutton Forest/Sallys Corner, and about 20km before you get to Goulburn.

The BP is one or two km past the truck weigh station, at the top of the hill. They also have a Hungry Jacks, but the place is a bit less popular than the Shell so there is usually more space in the car park!

Any probs or questions, please let me know

Dave
    Last edited by Dave; 19-12-15 at 04:35 PM.

Hi Dave,

I'll meet you at the BP as well.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by StickierDuck View Post
    Hi Dave,

I'll meet you at the BP as well.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Great! We're going to have a really good convoy heading south! As long as we don't all get separated in Canberra like last time - heading back from Brindabella!

I have heard from Will, he definitely wants to come along, and may or may not have a passenger. He will probably also meet us at Marulan. I hope Teshie has managed to contact him re campsites in Jindy and Wodonga.

Two weeks about now we should be somewhere around Cooma, and only an hour or so from Jindy. Hopefully it'll be an easy drive.

It is hot in Vic at the moment and there are fires around Melbourne. Temps up in the Alpine National Park are mid 20's so hopefully it will be nice. Night time temps at Mt Hotham are below 10 degrees. We just have to hope for good conditions - no fires, floods or snow! All of which are possible!! We will still head down there regardless, but may have to alter the itinerary - as a LAST resort - if conditions are unfavorable. Make sure you bring gear for any conditions

Merry Christmas everyone!

Dave

Visitor

Hi Dave, Dusan and I will not make the 10am Marulan meet. We will go straight to Jindabyne, have a few last minute things I need to arrange.
    See you all there.
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by jk_menace View Post
    Hi Dave, Dusan and I will not make the 10am Marulan meet. We will go straight to Jindabyne, have a few last minute things I need to arrange.
    See you all there.
    cheers
    No probs Dennis, Will texted me yesterday to say he wouldn't meet at Marulan either. If you're on Ch 15 on the way down the highway you may even meet up with him.

I'm hoping to be leaving Marulan 10.30ish, so if anyone arrives later than that and doesn't find us, just head on down to Jindabyne. Follow directions for Canberra then Cooma then Jindabyne. Everyone should have the address of the caravan park in Jindy, but just in case Jindabyne Holiday Park Kosciuszko Road, Jindabyne, (02) 6456 2249.

Three days to the off! Can't come soon enough!! Had the Jeep serviced last week, just pulled the back seat out to make more room. Done all my shopping... Just have to survive New Years Eve now, then load everything on Friday

Happy New Year everyone!

Dave
    Last edited by Dave; 29-12-15 at 04:37 PM.

Hi All,

Happy New Year, which means we're on the road tomorrow morning! Finally!!

I've been following the weather forecast pretty closely, and it looks like we may get some showers over the weekend and early next week. This will not stop us, although if we get to Tom Groggin on Sunday and its a no go - either river too high or track too wet and closed - then I have an alternative idea to get us to Omeo. A bit more bitumen but still a heap of scenery. Hopefully won't be needed, we can discuss over dinner in Jindy - did I say TOMORROW?

Looking forward to meeting up with most at Marulan around 10.00am, and everyone else at Jindy, probably about 3pm.

Drive safely everyone, and remember the double demerits don't end until Sunday night! Hopefully there won't be any cops up on Davies High Plain!

Dave

Visitor

If you're stopping in Canberra, let me know and I'll drop by to say gday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DanD View Post
    If you're stopping in Canberra, let me know and I'll drop by to say gday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi Dan,

Wasn't really planning on stopping in Canberra. Morning tea at Marulan will hopefully have us around Cooma for lunch. Last time we came through Canberra in convoy a convoy of 7 cars, we ended up with two cars on the other side - so I'm hoping to bypass!

Dave

Have a great trip folks and travel safe.
    Last edited by glend; 01-01-16 at 06:34 PM.

Visitor

Team MAJ33P is back home. Thank you Dave for organising this trip. I'll try to link a few pictures from the Photobucket.
    Enjoy...

Dusan

Last edited by Easy77; 11-01-16 at 10:28 PM.