Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Victoria High Country January 2016

Default Victoria High Country January 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Greg D View Post
    Dave,

I am looking forward to this.
    I bought the Hema Atlas & Guide to The High Country, and have been reading up on the proposed route. You've done some great planning (as on your previous trips).

I also bought the latest Mud Map 3, and have downloaded the relevant maps. (claimed the $25 rebate per your note in the correspondence and received it same day!). I usually use MotionX GPX and download the relevant maps, but they aren't very detailed for the High Country. I will still track our trip using this, but MudMap gives more detail in some areas.

I also went and discussed new tyres with a local tyre reseller in Forster. I need to get the standard size for the Grand, so I can use my existing Michelins as spares, and so I can fit the spare in the wheel well when using the Jeep as my daily driver. It looks like I'll get CooperAT3. I considered Bridgestone, as they do a LT in that size, but was convinced the Cooper is a better choice. My concern was airing down for long distances and low pressures on a Passenger tyre, but it seems this shouldn't be a problem with the Cooper tyres. I hope so.
    Greg
    Hi Greg, sounds like some great choices there, and I'll be really interested to see how the AT3s go. I went to Bridgestone 694 then 697 to get off the old Cooper ATR, but a lot are now running the hopefully improved AT3! My 697s are LT not passenger, and I was aired down for two weeks in July with no probs...

Glad someone took advantage of the Mud Map 3 offer (see Club Correspondence folks!)

Is it 7 weeks today that we hit the road? Far out, I'm looking forward to it too!!

Dave
    Last edited by Dave; 15-11-15 at 04:07 PM.

What price was mud map 3 at??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wallyd View Post
    What price was mud map 3 at??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wally check out the last post on this page http://www.sydneyjeepclub.com/showth...pondence/page3

Club members get $25 cash back after purchasing. $95 at iStore...

Dave

Greg - gave a look a the Fun Country Dick Cepek's we have them on the JKU they where the most aggressive AT we could get. We had no problems driving at lowered pressure for majority of three weeks when we did our trip last Christmas down the high country.
    We use mud maps in the high country and they are great - the Hema high country book is also excellent for maps and information about local area's.

Jax n I are still coming
    Luv My Jeep!

Quote Originally Posted by Hunty View Post
    Jax n I are still coming
    Maaate - great news! You're back on the list!

I sent several emails in August, September and October, and have updated this thread many times - and hadn't heard from you at all since June. I 'culled' the no contact people off the list last month...

Do you get my emails? Have you booked in Jindabyne and Wodonga? See posts 56, 57 and 59 in this thread.

I'm really glad you're still coming - that brings us back up to 12 Jeeps - but let me know your plans re Jindy and Wodonga...

Thanks,
    Dave
    Last edited by Dave; 19-11-15 at 10:34 PM.

Visitor

If Hunty can't get a site where we've booked, maybe someone could double up their site to accomodate them.

Cheers Rob

Quote Originally Posted by uncaged123 View Post
    If Hunty can't get a site where we've booked, maybe someone could double up their site to accomodate them.

Cheers Rob
    Hi Rob,

Yes I called him last night and said that, we will see what happens. He also said that he has friends in Jindy that he could they could stay with and we join up as we leave town on Sunday.

I was great to hear from him, it's been a while. Hunty and Jax are great fun on a trip - they did the Cape with us in 2011!

Dave

Visitor

I agree Dave. They joined us on the caves to caves trip last December. What are your thoughts about having dinner at the chinese on the first night? We'll probably be buggered after driving down and setting up camp.

Cheers Rob

Quote Originally Posted by uncaged123 View Post
    I agree Dave. They joined us on the caves to caves trip last December. What are your thoughts about having dinner at the chinese on the first night? We'll probably be buggered after driving down and setting up camp.

Cheers Rob
    That sounds like a good plan!