Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Victoria High Country January 2016

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

Dave, I'm somewhat green with envy but we aren't going to be able to make this. Just wasn't able to resolve leave issues.

all the best and I look forward to the trip reports.

Quote Originally Posted by Dru View Post
    Dave, I'm somewhat green with envy but we aren't going to be able to make this. Just wasn't able to resolve leave issues.

all the best and I look forward to the trip reports.
    That's a shame I was hoping that first week after New Year would fit peoples hols. Next Time!

So keep Sept / Oct 2016 in mind... More info in December!

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by MY14JK View Post
    This sounds like a fantastic trip and one i’d love to experience. If there is room available i’d like to be added to the list. If others are taking off-road camper trailers i’d also like to take one along.

Cheers,

Kevin.
    Hi Kevin,

I'll add you to the list!

I'll get an email "group" together soon and start talking to everyone directly. Now that it's Spring, we will need to confirm and pay for the couple of caravan park bookings, and that may well be a "final decision" point for some people.

Looks like a big group at the moment, 14 cars all getting lost together

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post

Looks like a big group at the moment, 14 cars all getting lost together

Dave

LOL

Hmmmmm!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visitor

Just called Jindabyne to pay for my site and the lass said she can only hold the remaining unpaid sites for one more week. We may have to park a few jeeps off site to double up tents on a few sites, if we can not get more than the 12 sites Dave reserved. I assume the same will apply to the bordertown caravan park.

May I suggest those who pay their sites fees confirm with Dave asap.

Cheers RobS
    Last edited by Dave; 21-09-15 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uncaged123 View Post
    Just called Jingabyne to pay for my site and the lass said she can only hold the remaining unpaid sites for one more week. We may have to park a few jeeps off site to double up tents on a few sites, if we can not get more than the 12 sites Dave reserved. I assume the same will apply to the bordertown caravan park.

May I suggest those who pay their sites fees confirm with Dave asap.

Cheers RobS
    Thanks Rob!

I created an email list to contact everyone at once, from the list of Definitely Coming and the list of Maybes.

I have emailed everyone to say that we need to book and pay for all sites NOW to confirm. I had reserved a dozen sites – although we are now up to 14 definites – and was told to organise people to book in Spring.

So this is it. Decision time.

If you are DEFINITELY coming along in January, please reply to my email and let me know. Please call Jindabyne and Big4 at Wodonga ASAP, and Omeo if you want power. The details are below, as I posted back in June.

If you are NOT coming, please reply and let me know.

Thanks,
    Dave

From June;

Jindabyne has penciled in unpowered camping for 10 to 12 cars for David Grime and Sydney Jeep Club, they do want people to call and book individually, so mention me and the SJC! I have paid $32 for my unpowered site. You can get powered if you prefer, but still say you are with the SJC.
    Saturday 2 January, Jindabyne Holiday Park Kosciuszko Road, Jindabyne, (02) 6456 2249.

Omeo doesn't take bookings for unpowered sites, and they have never run out, so only book if you really want power.
    Monday 4 January, Omeo Caravan Park Old Omeo Highway, Omeo, (03) 5159 1351.

Wodonga Big4 have penciled in 10 to 12 unpowered sites for the Sydney Jeep Club, and they do want people to call and book individually, so mention me and the SJC! I have paid $30 for my unpowered site. You can get powered if you prefer, but still say you are with the SJC group.
    Saturday 9 January, BIG4 Borderland Holiday Park, 65 McKoy Street, Wodonga, (02) 6024 3906.
    Last edited by Dave; 13-09-15 at 10:12 PM.

Hi All,

Well after the last, slightly rushed week, we have 10 Jeeps and 10 booked and paid for camp sites in Jindabyne and Wodonga.

Definites - Booked at Jindy & Wodonga
    1 DaveG
    2 WallyD
    3 EddyG
    4 RobS
    5 GregD
    6 Teshie
    7 StickierDuck
    8 JohnC
    9 Dennis - JK Menace & Dusan as passenger
    10 Kevin - MY14JK

There are still two Jeeps that were Definite, but I haven't heard from since I sent emails about booking a week and a bit ago;
    Danny & Sharon
    Hunty & Jax

We also still have three Maybes;
    Steve & Hayley
    Nekked
    Dieselcon

However, Jindabyne has now closed off my last two "reserved" sites and will sell them to other people - so we have 10 sites. If any of the other Definites or Maybes do still want to come, you can try Jindabyne Holiday Park, but they may not have any sites left. There may be other accommodation available in Jindabyne, please let me know what you decide to do.

Thanks everyone for getting organised on short notice. Now lets enjoy Jambo, then hope that Christmas and New Year hurry up!

Dave
    Last edited by Dave; 23-09-15 at 10:50 PM.

For those considering going and have not booked a site yet there are also a few free camping spots in the national park that are not to far from Jindy

We've been pretty quiet for a bit, but thought I'd do an update...

Welcome aboard Wayne and Julie, and welcome back Hunty and Jax - bringing our numbers up to 12 cars. Hopefully they are able to book at Jindy and Wodonga, but if they can't we might try and squeeze them onto one of our booked sites

Which means we are;

Definites - Booked at Jindy & Wodonga
    1 DaveG
    2 WallyD
    3 EddyG
    4 RobS
    5 GregD
    6 Teshie
    7 StickierDuck
    8 JohnC
    9 Dennis - JK Menace & Dusan as passenger
    10 Kevin - MY14JK
    and
    11 Wayne & Julie A
    12 Hunty & Jax
    who may not have been able to book...

And I have cut the Maybe list off, as I haven't heard anything since September!

Less than two months to the off, and I'm hanging out for the holidays!

Dave
    Last edited by Dave; 19-11-15 at 02:07 PM.

Dave,

I am looking forward to this.
    I bought the Hema Atlas & Guide to The High Country, and have been reading up on the proposed route. You've done some great planning (as on your previous trips).

I also bought the latest Mud Map 3, and have downloaded the relevant maps. (claimed the $25 rebate per your note in the correspondence and received it same day!). I usually use MotionX GPX and download the relevant maps, but they aren't very detailed for the High Country. I will still track our trip using this, but MudMap gives more detail in some areas.

I also went and discussed new tyres with a local tyre reseller in Forster. I need to get the standard size for the Grand, so I can use my existing Michelins as spares, and so I can fit the spare in the wheel well when using the Jeep as my daily driver. It looks like I'll get CooperAT3. I considered Bridgestone, as they do a LT in that size, but was convinced the Cooper is a better choice. My concern was airing down for long distances and low pressures on a Passenger tyre, but it seems this shouldn't be a problem with the Cooper tyres. I hope so.
    Greg