Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stockton Beach Trip 22nd January

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Stockton Beach Trip 22nd January

Meeting Point: 7:30am at the Berowra truck stop. 5mins up the F3 take the Berowra exit, turn right on the Pacific Hwy and continue north through Berowra, past the train station for about 2kms, the truck stop is on the left.

Trip Leader: Mark Hickey, contact Mark or Troy on 9677 2032 during business hours or contact one of the trip coordinators to register you interest in attending this trip.

Required equipment:
    Food and drink,
    air compressor,
    basic recovery gear (snatch strap, 2 shackles, front and rear recovery points)

Please note that a $5.00 permit per vehicle is required. (these will be purchased on the way)

Highlights of this trip include;

Viewing of the wreck of the cargo ship Sygna (not much left of it now)
    Touring the old artillery range and viewing the relics left in the area
    Visiting Silvertown, the fishermans shantys behind the dunes
    The tank traps towards the northern end of the beach

Attendees:

Hic
    Maddog
    Jaffas
    Steve T
    Tropey +2
    Cpage66
    Troy
    Billsta ?
    Antz

ill most probably come along to this. is it ok to bring membership form and money on the day. or do you need it before hand?

I might be in for this one. Can non members come along I migt have 3 other cars that want to tag along.

Quote Originally Posted by Tropey
    I might be in for this one. Can non members come along I migt have 3 other cars that want to tag along.
    Best to contact Mark or Troy, it's normally at the trip leaders discretion as to how many visitors can attend a trip.

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

I am hoping to attend, keen on doing stockton... will confirm a bit closer to the date.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaffas
    I am hoping to attend, keen on doing stockton... will confirm a bit closer to the date.
    Same here...will have my mother and brother over from the States then...
    It is not he who gives abuse that affronts, but the view that we take of it as insulting; so that when one provokes you it is your own opinion which is provoking.<br /><br />–Epictetus

TheBeast

Once again I have a family commitment that day, sorry next time :x

Just got back from Stockton, it's the softest I've ever seen it amongst the dunes. A bit of wind and hot dry days and in between the dunes it's really tough going. I stopped going down a very slight hill, no brakes needed (as is typical of sand), and basically just sunk. I had to dig a ramp out in front of the tyres to get moving again. Ended up taking them down to 12psi as even 15psi was too high!!!

The tank traps had all but disappeared under the dunes and around there it was almost undrivable!!!

You guys should have some real fun up there especially if we dont get any rain before you go

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

In

I'm a definite now!