Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Jenolan Area (12/07) - Beeftseak, Waterfall and Mt Bindo if there is snow

Visitor

Hey Guys, thanks for an awesome day out, beautiful day and a great bunch of people to be with !!!
    Thanks
    Blue Tj

Visitor

Loved all the jeep waves shame I couldn't get out any earlier to join you all !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did Mount Bindo first so we could play in the snow, then out to Gibraltar Rock for lunch and then down to Waterfall Creek firetrail. Beefsteak would have been locked up due to the wet and Waterfall was too tough for all the vehicles so we'll do it again in a few weeks but as a 'B' grade trip only. The clay around Bindo was pretty slippery with a bit of snow as were the tracks in Jenolan. Then most of us decided to head back as the traffic was supposed to be real bad, heard it was a standstill from Lithgow to Katoomba. I went up Mount Victoria, traffic was stopped at the top, so cut across to Bell and did the Bells line.

While we aired up the wind was howling, along with the snow coming in sideways like a small blizzard, it was sooooo cold. The puddles were still frozen at 2:00pm and the temp didn't get above 0 for most of the day. Was great fun regardless though.

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

Visitor

Thanks Steve for an awesome day. Mother Nature definitely put on a great show for us. Great to see everyone again. The traffic was very slow on the Great Western heading back. Good idea leaving when we did.
    cheers
    Dennis and Eleni

Club Member

I was touring the area over the weekend with a mate on his trail bike and his dad in his trusty old truck, Our plan was to camp, glad we didn't ! We decided to stay at the Rydal pub, great hospitality by Phil and generous meals.
    And yep... it snowed in Rydal

It was snowing sideways on our way from Rydal to Hampton and looked like The Alpine Way.

Around Mt Bindo..

Got denser !!

Made it up and back.

Mt Bindo was fun in snow and I noticed it got much busier after 1pm there.. Think plenty of snow chasers had made it up there. A memorable day indeed. Cheers !
    Last edited by Teshie; 13-07-15 at 01:07 AM.

We were up there before 10:00am and the harder track down the other side was untouched I think the only ones up there before us were the 2 4wds that were already there, one guy setting up to camp for the night and family making a snow man

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

Hoping this link and/or embed works:

Club Member

The link works. Lucky spotting that 'thing', could have caused some damage ! Nice video.

Looks like you all got first use of the tracks with fresh snow, must have been a thrill going down that harder bit... Nice work getting up there early