Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sat 15th/Sun 16th of August Rydal and Jenolan D to B Reccies

Default Sat 15th/Sun 16th of August Rydal and Jenolan D to B Reccies

WHERE: Waterfall track reccie (Jenolan on the Saturday) and other tracks (Teshie is doing Swing bridge and others). Varied on Sunday.

WHEN: Saturday the 15th and Sunday the 16th of August
    MEET: Rydal showground, ready to head off around 9:30am on the trips, I'll be there from about 8:30am setting up camp. Camping behind the "Old Bar"

GRADE: B (For waterfall track and Mt Walker on Sunday) and lower for other tracks, happy to have someone run a C or the Saturday as well.
    REQUIREMENTS: Radio. Jeep. Front and rear attachment points. Standard vehicles are OK but not for Waterfall reccie a bit of lift and decent tyres are needed from what we could see.

We visited the top of the waterfall track on a previous trip and walked a little of it, it's an interesting track not suited to stock vehicles (unless locked with an AT tyre as a minimum). Hopefully someone else will run another reccie on the Saturday for those not wanting to try Waterfall? Sunday will be varied, probably with an attempt on Mt Walker from bottom to top via "The track not many people go to", an earlyish start on Sunday to fit it in. Suitable for stock vehicles as well who want to have a look and use the bypasses or explore other areas.

There is no limit on overall numbers but the Waterfall track reccie IS limited to 8 vehicles so please let me know if you intended to do this reccie, run another trip, or hope to join another reccie in the area. There are plenty of other tracks around Jenolan we need to map out so we can easily split up and join up again after waterfall.

ATTENDING:

1: Steve F/Bec/Emily (camping) - Waterfall
    2: Rob - Waterfall
    3: Belinda - Waterfall - Saturday only (TBC)
    4: Teshie
    5: Greg D (camping) - Waterfall
    6: Will
    7: Dennis (camping)
    8: Rich - Sunday Only
    9: Dushan - Saturday Only
    10: Steve and Hayley (camping)- Waterfall
    11: Alex and Danny (caravaning) (I think)
    12: Steve C - Sunday Only - Mt Walker
    Last edited by Steve F; 14-08-15 at 05:20 PM.
    Public Officer - Member #076

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

Damn! Kerry and I can't make it.

Have a good one though!

Visitor

Steve, please put me down as a probable starter. May stay in Rydal pub.

Cheers RobS

Visitor

Hi steve, kendyll and i will love to go on sunday with you guys and possibly camp with you guys on the saturday night if possible, (wont be doing waterfall track) 0466656353 is my number

Therfore will probably meet you saturday somewhere.

Club Member

Hi Steve - Please count me in for both days.

I will run a D trip to Kanangra walls and maybe further onto Dingo Dell. Getting to Kanangra walls seems easy but not sure what grade that fire trail down to the Kowmung river crossing is to get to Dingo Dell... Will speak to a couple of people more familiar with the area before committing to that though and would like someone more experienced to join us, if possible.

Could also re-run the D trip to Swing Bridge, in from Black Range and out via Marsden Swamp i.e. if anyone else wants to get familiar with that and would like to run that as a trip leader.

We can discuss other options at the next meeting. And yes, please count me out of Waterfall creek run.

Thanks
    ritesh
    Last edited by Teshie; 26-07-15 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Added bit about waterfall

Visitor

Teshie its ā€œDā€œ, similar to what we drove on last Saturday. On the way back from Kanangra Wall take the cross over trail near Boyd River camp ground to the Dingo Dell trail, it will save you time. You will cross Boyd River, then you'll have two other river crossing on the Dingo Dell trail.

Cheers RobS

After some discussion the plan for Saturday is now the know waterfall track so we can checkout the bottom of this new track and Beefsteak track.

Sunday is still Mt Walker.

Cheers
    Steve

Visitor

Where are we camping at steve?

I'll let you know after the club meeting, hoping it'll be Rydal showground.

Cheers
    Steve

Count me in please Steve for Saturday waterfall. Not sure about camping or Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk