Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who installs SYE and CV driveshaft in Sydney?

Visitor

Default Who installs SYE and CV driveshaft in Sydney?

Hello fellow jeepers.
    I was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction. I'd like to know where/who could help me out with a Slip Yoke Eliminator kit and what is the best way to go about it?
    1. Should I order the complete kit with driveshaft and find someone who can install it?
    2. Is there somewhere in Sydney that supplies and installs SYE kit with driveshaft?

thanks for your help
    Rob

Eddy from A&J Auto, Blacktown can do it easy..

Club Member

Second that. Eddy and Avi installed SYE and rear drive shaft on my 2005 TJ following the 2" lift, also upgraded control arms to adjustable ones. They did a great job.

Contact details :
    A&J Automotives
    Unit 4 / 47 Third Avenue,
    Blacktown 2148
    Phone 8678 9078
    Email a-jautomotiverepairservices@outlook.com

Every jeep is different so best to give Avi a call on his mobile 0402 819 474 to discuss options.

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Teshie View Post
    Second that. Eddy and Avi installed SYE and rear drive shaft on my 2005 TJ following the 2" lift, also upgraded control arms to adjustable ones. They did a great job.

Contact details :
    A&J Automotives
    Unit 4 / 47 Third Avenue,
    Blacktown 2148
    Phone 8678 9078
    Email a-jautomotiverepairservices@outlook.com

Every jeep is different so best to give Avi a call on his mobile 0402 819 474 to discuss options.

Cheers for that. Extremely helpful. Did you purchase a lot before hand or did they supply it?

Visitor

Sorry did you purchase a "SYE kit" before hand or did they supply it?

Club Member

I had been collecting bits and pieces over time as I built up cash and stock became available. Got the SYE and drive shaft from JeepKonnection. Control arms from SBR. Recall them sourcing other parts like u-joints, ball-joints, etc as they were wearing out. Parts for TJ can be scarce or need a wait of couple of weeks, so it is matter of calling around and planning accordingly. Although, Eddy & Avi can supply the whole thing too.

I got mine from this guy http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Teraflex-...cAAOSw6EhUPXxS and installed myself. Was a lot cheaper than buying locally, and am very happy with it. Only thing was they send the SYE first, and then after you install it and send them the measurments, they make your tailshaft and ship that later. My TJ was front wheel drive only for a few weeks. However, if you don't have the know how, I'd be sending the Jeep directly to Eddy and letting them organise it all.
    #366. TJ Wrangler Golden Eagle

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Elio S View Post
    I got mine from this guy http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Teraflex-...cAAOSw6EhUPXxS and installed myself. Was a lot cheaper than buying locally, and am very happy with it. Only thing was they send the SYE first, and then after you install it and send them the measurments, they make your tailshaft and ship that later. My TJ was front wheel drive only for a few weeks. However, if you don't have the know how, I'd be sending the Jeep directly to Eddy and letting them organise it all.
    I saw that too. Really keen on the super short shaft.
    How was it driving in 4wd high but only using your front wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by RobMelady View Post
    I saw that too. Really keen on the super short shaft.
    How was it driving in 4wd high but only using your front wheels.
    Why the super short?
    Years ago I drove my TJ for about 2 months in FWD - bit of torque steer but not a problem. A few years later i had to drive in FWD with a front auto locker that was downright scary.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Wooders View Post
    Why the super short?
    Years ago I drove my TJ for about 2 months in FWD - bit of torque steer but not a problem. A few years later i had to drive in FWD with a front auto locker that was downright scary.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk
    Was thinking the mega short shaft as it adds about an inch or two onto the rear shaft and decreases the angle.