Thread: Roof Top Mounting Kits

Default Roof Top Mounting Kits

Has anyone installed or used any of the Rhino-Rack kits?

I was having a look at this one but I would only be able to use it with the Hard Top on which is not ideal but livable considering the hard top is on the majority of the time..

http://www.rhinorack.com.au/products...1426mm-_ja6397

If you have any other suggestions please send through.

I am looking for something that is going to be light weight and as discreet as possible as I don't want a whole mess of bar work.

I installed the Rhino rack with the Pioneer platform and can recommend it. 100 kgs on the roof with the internal frame or theoretically 540 kgs when stopped so perfect for a roof top tent. (The pioneer tray weighs about 24 kgs so that leaves about 75 kgs for stuff.) The pioneer tray makes it really easy to load jerry cans, tyres, tie downs, etc.

Doesn't really impact handling, but then I have replaced the suspension so it may be a consideration if you are running stock.

Best bit is the tray is removable so height isn't so much of an issue for the everyday drive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks! Did you have any issues with waterproofing as that's probably my biggest concern.

I've already upgraded the suspension so I don't think that will be an issue. The weight capacity is also perfect. I'm not planning on any camping yet as the wife is very anti camping so it will be used more to transport everything we need on trips away given the 2 door has absolutely no boot space.

Roof is sealed right, but having said that I haven't been in torrential rain.

The mounts are permanent on the hard top but the bars/tray are removable so the holes in the roof are always sealed.

(Didn't leak when pressure washed after Jambo so probably all good.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD