Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who installs SYE and CV driveshaft in Sydney?

But means you need to get an electronic speedo adjuster.
    Unless you've got a big lift with stock WB its not as much benefit as you might think.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Wooders View Post
    But means you need to get an electronic speedo adjuster.
    Unless you've got a big lift with stock WB its not as much benefit as you might think.

Got a 2" old Man emu short arm suspension lift (adjustable uppers and lowers). I just ordered a belly up plate from Bud's custom in Brissy. So looking for a SYE and cv to finish the job. Read on forums people are happy with theirs and no problem with the electronic speedo converter (yeah an extra $100).
    I was interested in the mega short as I found it on eBay relatively cheap from DriveShafts direct and it comes with a driveshaft. (Was hoping the mega short would save me from installing a motor mount lift) Was looking for a supplier and installer here in Sydney but haven't heard from anyone (hence the tread).

Personally I'd go regular HD SYE.
    With the TT you really do want to do the MML regardless and there are benefits like the sump has better ground clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by RobMelady View Post
    I saw that too. Really keen on the super short shaft.
    How was it driving in 4wd high but only using your front wheels.
    I went the mega short shaft as well. Because the speedo gear is replaced with a pulse wheel I fitted one of these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HotRod-SG...YAAMXQ01tRSmlv
    Wasn't too bad driving in front wheel drive for a month. Had a bit of torque steer, and was breaking traction a little too easily, but apart from that it was fine.
    Couldn't be happier with the mega short kit. My old standard output shaft was bent, plus with 2.5" lift the shuddering I was getting especially on take off was unbearable. It's pretty close to perfect now.
    #366. TJ Wrangler Golden Eagle