Thread: ARB lockers

Default ARB lockers

ARB have what seems to be a good deal on lockers at the moment, but there seems to be a stack of bad reviews on them as well. Does anyone have experience with these? Are they worth it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Visitor

Hi Ewan, I was looking at the ARB lockers a couple of years back, but went with tjm which was cheaper and has not let me down.

Hope this may be of some help.

Cheers RobS

ARB lockers aren't bad, but as with everything ARB I find them overpriced, even at their marked down prices. Personally, I would rather fit an e locker than an air locker to mine.
    #366. TJ Wrangler Golden Eagle

Thanks guys, the ARB special is a locker, compressor and pump up kit for $1150.00 which seems cheap. They did say it will take two days to install.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have used an ARB air locker for the last few years in an ZJ and TJ's.... Main problem I came across was when the air lines to/from the lockers became blocked, not by dirt but when the lines got to close to the exhaust or something hot and then they melted and blocked the air line internally but you could not tell from a visual inspection of the lines themselves.... Solved the issue by running the air lines through some brake hose's to protect them from heat damage..... Only other obvious issue is when your air pump shytes itself on the trail for whatever reason eg, water ingress or electrical issue's....
    I was quoted over $1800.00 for an E-Locker fitted (when they became available again for the D44) 6 months ago, so the ARB locker is not overpriced as some claim by comparison.........
    Two day's to install 1 or 2 locker's??........Do ARB have set fitting charges to install their gear or have things changed??.............
    JC Member# 094

They will get you for wheel bearings as well, that's why they say two days. Once they strip,it down they will say you need to replace them

You do not need to change the whee bearings at the same time. Doing so it just adding time and cost of parts/labour when its not required.
    Unless theres a problem with the current bearings or seals - any shop that told me that BS would get laughed at.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk