Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cape York 2016?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Yes, what Heidi said, and there is a possibility that the next Jambo - maybe 2017 - MIGHT be run by a Qld Jeep club, which would be a good starting or finishing point for a Cape trip... I'm keen for 2017!

Dave
    JeepFreakz where talking about running a Jambo at LCM park as it was all set up to hold a large event. But I read it was just sold & closed down. So I don't know if that will stop them.
    I guess only time will tell.
    But I would be thinking strongly about another Cape Run in 2017......
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hunno View Post
    JeepFreakz where talking about running a Jambo at LCM park as it was all set up to hold a large event. But I read it was just sold & closed down. So I don't know if that will stop them.
    I guess only time will tell.
    But I would be thinking strongly about another Cape Run in 2017......
    Wow, yeah, just checked! Landcruiser Mountain Park sold and closed forever http://www.landcruisermountainpark.com.au/

That said, if you are (or anyone is?) in touch with a Qld Jeep Club that might be looking for a location for a Jambo, a mate of mine who lives in Qld - but drives a Nissan - suggested Janowen Hills 4WD Park http://janowenhills4wdpark.bigpondho...om/aboutus.htm

The website is pretty basic, but they could check it out...

Cape 2017 is really tempting! I was planning for Sept/Oct 2016 until the Jeep 75th anniversary "thing" was discussed for the October long weekend. Does anyone have any more info about that? I have roughed out some ideas for getting there the long way via the SA/Vic Border track, Mallee Country and Great Ocean Road, but until we know dates and times...

Dave
    Last edited by Dave; 18-01-16 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Wow, yeah, just checked! Landcruiser Mountain Park sold and closed forever http://www.landcruisermountainpark.com.au/

That said, if you are in touch with a Qld Jeep Club that might be looking for a location for a Jambo, a mate of mine who lives in Qld - but drives a Nissan - suggested Janowen Hills 4WD Park http://janowenhills4wdpark.bigpondho...om/aboutus.htm

The website is pretty basic, but they could check it out...

Cape 2017 is really tempting! I was planning for Sept/Oct 2016 until the Jeep 75th anniversary "thing" was discussed for the October long weekend. Does anyone have any more info about that? I have roughed out some ideas for getting there the long way via the SA/Vic Border track, Mallee Country and Great Ocean Road, but until we know dates and times...

Dave

I have a Wedding on the 1st Oct (long weekend) 2016 that I am committed to at Cowra.
    So things are not looking good for me getting to the 75th thingy.
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!

Your almost halfway there Hunno...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunno View Post
    I have a Wedding on the 1st Oct (long weekend) 2016 that I am committed to at Cowra.
    So things are not looking good for me getting to the 75th thingy.

Visitor

I thought LCMP was sold to people that plan to upgrade it and will reopen it when the repairs are done. I also think it will be under a different name now. Not sure though I could be wrong, there was a thread on ausjeep about it
    Last edited by Tjcarter; 26-01-16 at 10:14 PM.

They are reopening but selling off the park in pockets to groups or individuals to use. No more general public access.

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076