Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New to 4wd and First car jeep

Default New to 4wd and First car jeep

Posted before not sure what happened (sorry if its a double post) , i just got my first car a jeep, i am thinking about joining but i am not sure what to expect, im new to 4wd and the whole thing as new as it can get, ( i'm still an university student (20) ) so yeah. I want to go on trips etc as all of my friends opted for street cars but yeh im totally new. So, i want to join/go on trips etc, but yeh im total noob, so what do i do in that situation
    Attached Images Attached Images

HI Zip, great choice, 4wheeling is a great lifestyle, Pity, we had our last meeting for the year last night, but keep an eye on this website, as we will be running trips over the Xmas- New Year break, our next meeting will be the first Wednesday in Feb, as per the home page. Keep the shiny side up and we hope to see you on the trails. Doggy Dave.

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

Zip, you wouldnt be our youngest member, Will would still hold that title! And I cant help wonder just how good Will is going to be, with vast experienced, at an age before I bought my first 4wd. Go Will!

Mate, what jeep?

Dru'n'Kerry

yeh i know i saw it on the home page, wasn't sure if i could just intrude like that because i don't no anybody. yeh , i suck, ain't even going to argue ahaha. so do i just tag along to the meetings Irl for more info?

Yes mate, just come along..

alright thanks, i'll definitely see you guys at the next one, say hi to the asian guy with the long hair! ahaha,ill keep a look out on the forum for trips but if guys have any easy trips planned(not familiar with any of the places) , ill be glad to tag along, i dont mind paying the membership fee, my jeep is pretty much stock, i got aftermarket tires( not even sure what ones they are)
    Last edited by Zippy; 03-12-15 at 09:40 PM.

Excellent, but your tires are road tires, not suited to anything more than light trail work, but we can help get you on the right track , Just one of the many benefits of joining a club. Doggy..

yeh, alright, thankks. yeh i dont know much about 4wd at all. grew up with JDM / sports cars so, ill definitely get around joining after meeting you guys, what would you suggest me to start getting for the car? UHF radio? just some affordable things i can start working on. definitely keen so ill try keep an eye out for meetings/ easy tracks to meet you guys

Visitor

Welcome Zippy, there was talk at the meeting the other night about another possible driver training/newbie day in mid January. Keep your eyes peeled to the club's site for details about it. That way you can experience some 4wding and meet some members before the next meeting. Also its recommended that you ensure you have recovery points front and rear. Mopar have reasonably priced front and rear bumpers with recovery points attachment.

Also you will require recovery equipment and a cb radio (hand held is ok) when on the trail. Any of the 4wd suppliers/outlets like ARB, TJM, hills4x4, eta can help you with equiping your jeep. Note ARB is at the top end of pricing followed by TJM. Hills4x4 is a club member who will be very happy to assist you.

Cheers and have a good festic season.

RobS
    Last edited by uncaged123; 04-12-15 at 03:17 PM.

ah yeh, awesome, yeh theres an ARB past bunnings not far from where i am i'll check it out probably out of my price range for some stuff but ill have a look, also cb radio, can those suppliers/outlets help me install also? because i'm not that good with the wiring etc. yeh thanks ill definitely keep an eye out on the forums, ill get to work on the jeep till then i guess. Thanks

Zip.