Thread: Jeep KK CRD Fuel Filter

Visitor

Question Jeep KK CRD Fuel Filter

Hey guys,

I'm trying to locate the fuel filter on a 2012 KK Cherokee CRD and for the life of me cant find it
    General information out there is pretty scarce for the KK and and as far as I can tell there isn't a workshop manual for the diesel.
    Any help would be much appreciated!

Visitor

hey mate, pretty sure its on the right side of the motor as you look at it. Should be back towards the firewall

Visitor

Thanks Tjcarter, I did check there but I think that where its located on the KJ not the KK...why jeep gotta be so difficult...appreciate your response!

Visitor

Nope definitely there on the crd kks, I've done a few myself, I have a photo but I'm not sure how to post it on here. You definitely know what the fuel filter looks like yes?

Visitor

Thanks Tjcarter, I did check there but I think that where its located on the KJ not the KK...why jeep gotta be so difficult...appreciate your response!

Visitor

standby I'll try post a pic

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by markdotcom View Post
    standby I'll try post a pic
    Come to think of it, there are two different types, if there's no visibLe one on the top, there will be two small screw in ones underneath the car. They should fit into s box like housing, should be a 24 or 26mm socket to screw them out. You way have to remove the transmission skid pan to get at them

Visitor

No worries, i'll have a look after work and let you know, cheers mate!

Visitor

You are 100% correct Tjcarter!...there are definitely two fuel filters tucked up in there on the passenger side hiding behind a small square plastic panel. I didn't have to remove the skid pan just unscrew 4 of those plastic screw rivet things that always break. Thanks for you help mate much appreciated. *It's easy when someone tells you how to do it*

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by markdotcom View Post
    You are 100% correct Tjcarter!...there are definitely two fuel filters tucked up in there on the passenger side hiding behind a small square plastic panel. I didn't have to remove the skid pan just unscrew 4 of those plastic screw rivet things that always break. Thanks for you help mate much appreciated. *It's easy when someone tells you how to do it*
    No woriies mate, happy to help!