Thread: Mohawk's Detonator Rubicon

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Mohawk's Detonator Rubicon

Hellooo SJC,

My name's Nick (aka Mohawk), and my wife Pam and I are a couple Canadians, relatively new to Australia (landed 14 months ago).

We look forward to seeing as much of Australia as we can, so last December we bought a Jeep!

This being the Members' Rigs section, let's get to the topic at hand – Ours is a 2008 yellow SWB Rubicon, with a manual transmission and a few mods:
    - 2" OME lift
    - 33" Bighorn tyres
    - Smittybilt front & rear bars, and rock rails
    - Warn Xeon 10S Winch
    - Aftermarket exhaust system

I'll post pics when I can take a moment to figure that out. We've also got an air compressor and a bunch of recovery gear.

It's nearly due for a major servicing, so I'd be happy to hear about any recommended shops in central Sydney. I'll probably take it to a dealership for the first servicing, and less expensive places after that (unless recommended otherwise).

I've also been considering our next upgrades... A stereo with bluetooth and a UHF radio are key for us (and club outings), a soft top, and eventually a snorkel so that we don't need to worry about water. This is sure to become an expensive habit

We look forward to meeting everyone, but we're going to be in Cairns during the February meeting. Being novice jeepers, we're looking very forward to joining you on the trails too!

Cheers,
    Nick
    Last edited by Mohawk; 22-01-16 at 10:02 PM.