Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Mount Airlie Saturday 9.4.16 B Grade

Glad you finally made it out Steve. Nothing to apologise for, could have happened to anyone.

Visitor

Did it end up being a welder job or did u come up with another way stev

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welded where it was...... My young fella came across a guy on Facebook whom has just set himself up for off road recovery as in my case, Allen Mitchell - Cartwright Fabrications and Welding at Emu Heights - 0450-990994 - He met us at Lithgow then followed us to Mt.Airly, then he took us back up to the TJ and repaired the damage as best as possible... Out to Col's house to call for a tow home from his front gate.... Col's a real champion...... Cost would you believe $200.00 + his fuel there and his generator fuel.....
    Allen is just getting into this so he can actually get off road instead of working at what he does all the time plus he can get paid for it doing as well... He was hanging out to check out his new muddies on his Patrol........ I was his first off road recovery job........... I can not recommend him enough for his work.............
    JC Member# 094

Visitor

glad you had some luck that's good value
    as soon as I got home I started gathering up some chain and bolts that I think would have got it to Coles ,so it probably will never happen again

Quote Originally Posted by rupicon View Post
    glad you had some luck that's good value
    as soon as I got home I started gathering up some chain and bolts that I think would have got it to Coles ,so it probably will never happen again
    Good value yes..... There's a character up that way that will charge you $500.00+ for a recovery from a bog hole, then whatever else that comes along will be charged for on top...........
    JC Member# 094

Dru & Kerry,

Thanks for another great trip! hadn't been there for a couple of years. Good therapy!!

Cheers

Andy&Charl

Visitor

After bellying my jku on that rocky step and probably going down that rocky bit of track in the dark has resulted in an oil leak, heated and noisy gearbox/diff.

The jku is going in for repairs during week. This I expect will leave me a little short in the pocket, so I'm proposing to postpone the Barrington Tops trip till I'm better financed.

Apology to those who were intending to do this trip. I'll check suitable future dates and put up a new thread regarding it.

Cheers RobS
    Last edited by uncaged123; 16-04-16 at 02:40 PM.