Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Mount Airlie Saturday 9.4.16 B Grade

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by isherz View Post
    We will need a good scrub down prior as we have plenty of Camp Coffs mud after 5 days of wheeling....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's really great guys. Appreciate it! We are hoping we can use this SJC trip to support responsible access when the Plan of Management is discussed for adoption. Not far away I suspect.

We are just back from a shake down (new suspension components) out from ZigZag. Avoided mud like the plague, but the JK will get a full gernie jet blast and wash tomorrow.

Dru'n'Kerry

Quote Originally Posted by Dru View Post
    That's really great guys. Appreciate it! We are hoping we can use this SJC trip to support responsible access when the Plan of Management is discussed for adoption. Not far away I suspect.

We are just back from a shake down (new suspension components) out from ZigZag. Avoided mud like the plague, but the JK will get a full gernie jet blast and wash tomorrow.

Dru'n'Kerry
    15herz has scrubbed up a treat! Bush pinstripes n all...

Will, how heavy was the rain over the last weekend? The rain was meant to be centred on the coast, did you get much/any?

We will need to keep an eye on the weather. The National Parks "Plan of Management" intends to close these trails in the wet. While the plan is not yet enacted we would like to stay as close to the intentions as is sensible.

Thursday/Friday/Saturday at Capertee is predicted for light rain. Very light. 1-2mm. My thoughts are that rain this light can actually help by damping the dust. Though we wouldn't want to damage anything in the lower reaches and the Grotto.

We might have a chat about this on Wednesday at the Club monthly meeting.

Cheers

Dru

Visitor

Hi Dru, I unfortunately will not be able to stay for the meeting on Wednesday. I'll get yours and Andy advice on my sliders before the meeting, when I drop off the James Craig gift certificate, for the raffle drawer. Being down one car has restricted family pick up vehicles.

Cheers Rob

The BOM long forecast continues to get better. I dont think there is any problem here.

http://www.bom.gov.au/australia/meteye/?ref=ftr

link takes you MetEye, type in "Capertee". Saturday 20% risk of rain, predicted 0mm. Perfect.
    Last edited by Dru; 05-04-16 at 09:00 AM.

I just spent 3 hours all over my Jeep, with the hi-pressure washer, removing all the fun we had on Sunday in the Ourimbah State Forrest, all ready for Saturday now.

Our Ruby is clean, polished and looking smick too.

Dave, I will hunt for those ratios tonight and try to remember to bring them thomorrow.

Hey Dru,
    We haven't had any rain up our way for a while so it should be dry at the moment
    Cheers,
    Will

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers Will, thats excellent. ZigZag last Saturday was dry as a bone. Didnt know whether the coastal torrents on Sunday got that far. Should be fabulous conditions for Mt Airlie this weekend.

Dru'n'Kerry

Awesome... will be making this trip. I will have Telia so Should get great footage .. Alex Yes Rampage will be there... Room can we meet up somewhere and travel up together??
    DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks